What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

ashton

Juniors
Agree. Tigers won't let him go, been told he is contracted til end of next year anyway from original deal signed when he left parra.

There will protentially be a number of year young players in Matts also. 3 or 4 from St Marys, 2 from Glenmore and probably one each from St Pats and St Clair[/QUOTE]

Halfback are you able to name the players you think will make the HM a year young please?

half_back

Juniors
Agree. Tigers won't let him go, been told he is contracted til end of next year anyway from original deal signed when he left parra.

There will protentially be a number of year young players in Matts also. 3 or 4 from St Marys, 2 from Glenmore and probably one each from St Pats and St Clair[/QUOTE]

Halfback are you able to name the players you think will make the HM a year young please?

Can't say I know the age group well. It is what I am hearing. That the 15s year group isn't as strong as some that have come before it while the 14s is apparently pretty highly thought of. I know of the St Pats kid John Toso that made the 15s CCC team which won schoolboys a year young so assume he in with a good chance. Probably others that know more about St Marys could answer on those kids. There are a couple of twins and a few forwards at Glenmore that a few have mentioned, as St Marys dominate the comp I'd assume there are a number in with ashot from there.

ashton

Juniors
Gus's plan to bolster the bush Save
By MICHELLE COOK

Aug. 24, 2012, 4:30 a.m.
  • 10a5f520-c920-4e86-ac69-fef343fcbdd6.jpg
    HELPING HAND: Penrith Panthers general manager Phil Gould wants to direct more resources into promoting country rugby league. Photo: GETTY IMAGES
ORANGE could have more players noticed by NRL clubs with Penrith Panthers general manager Phil Gould hoping to include the central west in the club’s development academy.
See your ad here

Gould was in Orange yesterday to speak at the Western NSW Leadership Primary Principals Association conference.
The Channel Nine identity and former NSW Origin coach said he wanted to help develop players in the country areas to give them the best opportunity to compete at the highest level.
“I want to bring a Panthers Academy out to Orange,” Gould said.
“The academy we’re setting up, I want to satellite that to places like Bathurst and Orange and Port Macquarie and different areas around so that we’ve got development officers and game development officers in each group helping out the volunteers and the local leagues and the school teachers, and giving the kids a better profile and regular visits from the first grade side out this way.
“Rome wasn’t built in a day but it’s all on the table to be done in the future.”
Gould said country areas were key in the development of the game, particularly at the grassroots level.
Many hope some of the money from the NRL’s billion dollar television broadcast deal will go to the grassroots level.
“That’s why we pushed so hard to get an independent commission,” Gould said.
See your ad here

“They’ll sit back and as business people get to know all the needs of the game ... grassroots, junior leagues to country areas to community programs that need to be done to sell our brand and then also the professionals that play our game and dedicate their lives to it. There are a lot of people who have their hands up looking for extra funding.
“The game’s been somewhat under-funded up until now and I believe the funds that we did have weren’t used as wisely as they could have been.
“We’re certainly hoping for greater expertise in how those funds are handed out now and everyone understands the priorities of grassroots and country rugby league and restoring facilities and support for the volunteers out there who do such great jobs.”

Print Story

http://www.centralwesterndaily.com.au/story/243422/guss-plan-to-bolster-the-bush/?cs=103

ashton

Juniors
Penrith out of town harold matthews trialist 2013

Connor Brebner (Young) (second rower)
Darcy Allen (Lithgow) (halfback)
Willian Sheely (Kandos)

No Jarome Broadbridge in the trials

Last edited:

Art Vandalay

Juniors
ive heard theres trials on the 20th of this month, anybody know how big these are gonna be and how much of each squad is decided already ?

ashton

Juniors
ive heard theres trials on the 20th of this month, anybody know how big these are gonna be and how much of each squad is decided already ?

Harold Matthews trials 18 sept @ St Marys Stadium (83 players)

SG Ball trials 20th Sept @ St Marys Stadium (108 players) (no Lodge or Watene)

Panther_Daz

Staff member
HAROLD MATTHEWS - SG BALL TRIALS
All letters have been posted to the nominated players to participate in the above trials.

If you have not received your letter contact Megan Coote on 4725 6400 for further information.

All players are to arrive one hour prior to your allocated kick-off time.

Jerseys will be supplied and players are asked to wear their JL shorts and socks.

Good luck to all who are trialling.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/get_file.cgi?id=2054476

http://www.sportingpulse.com/get_file.cgi?id=2054477

http://www.sportingpulse.com/get_file.cgi?id=2054479

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Looks like anyone who made it a year young doesn't have to trial this year.

Couldn't see Shane Coppins name in the Matts squad or Tia Kilifi and Walford in the Ball squad (as well as Lodge and Dallin, who are walk up starts)

ranga

Juniors
Harold Matthews trials 18 sept @ St Marys Stadium (83 players)

SG Ball trials 20th Sept @ St Marys Stadium (108 players) (no Lodge or Watene)

I have heard Lodge has signed with Melbourne and was stood down for the semi

Art Vandalay

Juniors
i noticed glanville isn't listed in the trials, is this cause he's contracted or have they let him go ? one of the best players in that age group would be very disappointing if he wasn't in a penrith jersey for ball....