What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

Kilkenny

Coach
yes kilkenny josh walker has got talent, but to be fair glenmore park were a 2nd div side emu 1st div side, and he came from glenmore park originaly so he knows the players, watch when he plays stmarys and see.?

Actually as I recall Panther Boy actually tackled Joshua Walker that day. That is if it counts as a tackle why you dive on the player in the in goal after he has scored?

stretcher

Juniors
bryce cartwright best player in penrith harold matts.
Spot on there is noone else who does both sides of the game better and on josh walker he is always quiet against StMarys and in particular when he lines up against John Tuliatu from StClair i think the term is best described as drops his nuts and his defence is dreadful..

murraymob

Coach
updates on pre lim final from panther daz

halftime
penrith .........14
illawarra 0

Bryce cartwright is carving them up with his offloads easily the stand out player for penrith

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
The Harold Matthews boy will surely have to improve to beat a monster Eels side next week.

Todays contest was never in doubt against a willing Steelers side.

I only watched the first half of the second Prelimary Final involving the Eels and they are surely a monster side. Very impressed with there back row and they will surely be a handful next weekend.

Kilkenny

Coach
I don't think this current Harold Matthews side contains the same quality as the side of a few seasons ago which has seen so many graduate to the NRL.

There are two or three who clearly have considerable talent but not six or seven.

We monstered the Steelers on the weekend but watching the Eels in the first half they will surely be considerably bigger than us, in size, on the weekend. Looking at there stats, they appear to have averaged almost 50 points per game in there undefeated regular season and not conceded too many either?

Our boys will certainly be underdogs so it will be interesting to see how they fare.

stretcher

Juniors
I don't think this current Harold Matthews side contains the same quality as the side of a few seasons ago which has seen so many graduate to the NRL.

There are two or three who clearly have considerable talent but not six or seven.

We monstered the Steelers on the weekend but watching the Eels in the first half they will surely be considerably bigger than us, in size, on the weekend. Looking at there stats, they appear to have averaged almost 50 points per game in there undefeated regular season and not conceded too many either?

Our boys will certainly be underdogs so it will be interesting to see how they fare.
Thats a fair comment KK but i remember a Penrith matts team of two years ago who scored over 600 points for and less than a 100 against and underfeated when the competition was 11rounds plus semis and got rolled in the gf so it is possible that parra havent had a tough game all year and now they are gettible ,but having said that parra are huge and may intimidate the opposition in fact some of the matts forwards weigh more than the parra ball forwards and you dont see that ever...

murraymob

Coach
true stretch grand finals are funny game.
history will tell us the have been many heavy favourites in grand finals who have lost.These penrith boys will give it all there got .I think they can win a close one

Kilkenny

Coach
Thats a fair comment KK but i remember a Penrith matts team of two years ago who scored over 600 points for and less than a 100 against and underfeated when the competition was 11rounds plus semis and got rolled in the gf so it is possible that parra havent had a tough game all year and now they are gettible ,but having said that parra are huge and may intimidate the opposition in fact some of the matts forwards weigh more than the parra ball forwards and you dont see that ever...

Mate I'm not writing us off, but if I were a betting man, my money would have to be on the Eels they appear to have a few more strike weapons than the Panthers. I am hope I am wrong and hopefully it will be a really good contest worthy of the Grand Final.

sweet-as

Juniors
I watched the eels pla a game a few weeks ago and they were outstanding, I don't think Penrith will be able to match them. They are absolutely massive for a team of 16 year olds.