What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

harolds cup and sg ball ...trials

tigesup

Juniors
Wests are looking at having the first of three trials on January 27 (then 3rd and 10th Feb)and someone from outside the club told me that most clubs will have the same dates for trials. Comp starts Feb 24.

brook

First Grade
Sea Eagle Scuba said:
Manly Harold Matthews and SG Ball Trials:

Cheers,

Any idea if the Balmain trial will be at Leichhardt or Brookie? I think I'll have to try and get to that one.

rambo1

Juniors
Does anyone know where the Manly vs Penrith Harold Matts game is being played and at what time?

rambo1 said:
Does anyone know where the Manly vs Penrith Harold Matts game is being played and at what time?

Not sure, but as soon as I find out, I'll let you know.

richies said:
does anyone 1 have some info on when the trials start for harolds cup and sg ball ? im looking for the dogs in particular at belmore. Like to see some of the new guyes we have.
cheers richie

I'm not too sure.

If you're interested in the ACTUAL draw for the Dogs, it can be found in the following thread:

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=161229

brook said:
Any idea if the Balmain trial will be at Leichhardt or Brookie? I think I'll have to try and get to that one.

I'm really not sure tbh... I can try and find out if you'd like?

Cheers.

brook

First Grade
Sea Eagle Scuba said:
I'm really not sure tbh... I can try and find out if you'd like?

Cheers.

That would be great, I'll give Balmain a ring but they're generally hopeless so chances are they wont be able to tell me.

girvie said:
Thanks.

Do you know where they are playing those games, and the times?

Girvie,

I can probably talk to a few of the Norths guys during the week and try and get some fixtures for you.

Cheers.

rambo1

Juniors
rambo1 said:
Penrith vs Manly Harold Matthews kick off 9.00am at Windsor Sports Complex

Manly 22 def Penrith 14 by 4 trys to 3. Both teams rested players so the result is hard to gauge. Penrith looked a bit shaky in defence out wide with Manly centre Michael McDougall scoring two trys.

Does anyone know any other trial results?

richies

Juniors
do the lower grades this year only get 4 interchanges like the nrl?
i think i read something like this somewere or is it flegg?

girvie

Staff member
rambo1 said:
Manly 22 def Penrith 14 by 4 trys to 3. Both teams rested players so the result is hard to gauge. Penrith looked a bit shaky in defence out wide with Manly centre Michael McDougall scoring two trys.

Does anyone know any other trial results?
Thanks for that.

I guess Penrith might cut a few players now and send them to the Western Sydney team.

richies said:
do the lower grades this year only get 4 interchanges like the nrl?
i think i read something like this somewere or is it flegg?
Yeah this year in the Junior Reps there is only 4 replacements that can use 12 (?) interchanges. Last year there were 7 replacements and unlimited interchange.

I wouldn't be worrying too much about Penrith's chances this year... they will ALWAYS be competitive in Harold Matts and SG Ball.. it's just gospel.

It's the first I'm aware of the result, so well done to the boys and thanks for Rambo1 for the score :D..... looking forward to their second trial in a couple of weeks.

the man

Juniors
Buy talking to the matts coach during the week he was resting nearly his top 13 so i dont really think penrith have much to worry about you have heard it here first Penrith to win both grades again

Next Manly Trial Times Confirmed:

The Harold Matthews next trial will be against Parramatta at Cabramatta Sports Ground on the 10th of Feb . The Matthews kick off at 3.30pm followed by the Ball starting at 5.00pm.