What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harragon for Hagan???

harrogan for Hagan?
HMMMM...we have been going backwards since 2001......
Food for thought....
But nice guys need to blister the paint of the dressing sheds once in a while..GRRR!

Johns-All-Day

Juniors
bedsy said:
You can't be blaming this all on the coach... yes when he gave them a real kick in arse against Souths in Newcastle, they came out firing and he doesn need to do more of that... but it is the players that play this game and he has had to coach half a team all yr.
I agree entirely. This has nothing to do with Hages, and everything to do with the boys and their lack of commitment. Hages can only do so much. He's not the one running out there in a jersey. It's the players who need to take responsibility.

Although having said that, I do believe that it is up to Hagan to give them a nice big reality check about the way they have been playing. No more excuses ... we are an embarrassment.

Whats Doing

Bench
The problem is not blasting the team at half time, but in not properly preparing the team before the match.

To go into a crunch game with the attitude that the players had is a major fault of the coach.

As i have mentioned previously, the team has gone backwards since 2001 under Hagan where he had inherited the team to win the premiership from Ryan. He is too matey with the players and does not have the guts to drop high profile players who do not perform.

The club needs to import a coach outside the club who has the courage to pick players who are in form and not reputation.

As i have also said previouly the forwards are soft and should be ashamed of themselves

Johns-All-Day

Juniors
Whats Doing said:
He is too matey with the players and does not have the guts to drop high profile players who do not perform.
But who is he going to replace them with? Our team is riddled by injuries. I'm not so sure that bringing a young player up is the answer either.

keeney

First Grade
Alex28 said:
jeebus...the more and more i watch this game, the crankier i get.

we need a real coach - one from outside the club, who isn't a Knights Old Boy and is mates with everyone. one who has a proven track record and can be a hard bastard when he needs to be. because it is obvious Hagan cant do that.

there is next to no discipline out there. the defence is awful - Jason King scored with 4 players hanging off him! 4!

an absolute disgrace.

warren ryan springs to mind

Stranger

Coach
Let Harrigon as assistant coach or somthing. He has experience and passion but he also has a contract with channle 9.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
What worries me about hagan is to do with johns on a couple of points.

1st hagan is quoted in saying, I'm going to build the team around johns. That is insane, if he's not there then we are up sh!t creek. Also what does this tell the other players, it says we are basically a one man team.

Secondly my concern is to do with who really gets the players playing well. Is it hagan, or is it johns. When johns is in the stands, almost all the players drop back a gear. Maybe Johns is carrying hagan to a degree.

misty

Juniors
He makes everyone look good BUT we are not the only team that depends on 1 player, what about Penrith,Sharks and lets not forget the Roosters so we shouldn't bag them out too much.

miladi

Juniors
BIHK, I have to agree with your assessment - maybe Johns IS carrying Hagan. So what is going to be done about it?

Stranger

Coach
what about what hagan did for the maroons on orign 1 comon who even gave the toads a chance?

Kaz

junior
Bring it home Knights said:
Stranger, on paper the QLD were just as good as the blues. We were without a number of key players and had a different halfback each game.

But we had Hagan as coach. :(

Matt23

Staff member
If we stuff up again next season, Hagan :arrow:
If we stuff up again next season, Management :arrow:

Hell Bitch

Juniors
The club / team lacks professionalism, not just the coach. In fact Hagan probably coaches by consensus how he does just to survive. SURELY you all remember how when WOK tried to instil some discipline into our prima donnas there was almost a revolt. Wok was put in his place.
They and WE to a degree want it to be like a bunch of mates playing park footy. Look how we all jump on the "save Robbio" bandwagon because of his loyalty and time with the club. Or how some justify Mark Hughes poor form because he is a "good bloke" and fun to have around.
We can blame it on Johns being out or the other injuries , sure they should be detrimental in the short term but we have had all year to readjust. We also have a team week in week out that has a number of representative players.

like it or not the KNIGHTS are not a proffessional outfit. We are the Blue Collar team. I believe that the young players have the raw talent but are not subject to hard, disciplined or good coaching. Some of the older players have become pedestrian. Both signs of an unproffesional operation.

We need a culture change.

Just my opinion.

Latest posts