What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harrigan concedes Warriors error

JAG

Juniors
I'd have thought a senior player with the experience of Ropati could've stepped up to be skipper, but I'm an idiot. Obviously. :D

ozbash

Referee
Definitely. I think in situations like that, some sort of review would be a good idea.

why cant the vid ref step in ?
the commentators knew after the replay that it was a try, surely the vid ref can tell the whistleblowers that they missed something.

JAG

Juniors
why cant the vid ref step in ?
the commentators knew after the replay that it was a try, surely the vid ref can tell the whistleblowers that they missed something.

Yup. They don't mind whispering in the refs ear about high shots etc, maybe they should be able to send a quick "you might want me to have a look at this one" to the ref.

Micistm

Bench
I know I'm gonna be in a minority of 1 here, but I agree where Harrigan is coming from on this.

The referee obviously made a huge f**k up and made the wrong call but if he was convinced the ball was grounded, why should he have gone upstairs? As far as I'm concerned, the video ref is there for cases where the plonkers in the pink have doubts about a decision. I've sat at Mt Smart many a time and got massively pissed off by referees sending decisions to the video ref when they were standing inches away from the action and must have known what the decision was going to be. Same reason why I think "Ref's Call" is a crock of sh*t as well, if he knows what decision he's gonna make, why send it upstairs?

They will get some wrong but I'd prefer that to them sending every decision upstairs because they don't have the balls to make a call on their own.

Right, that's my 10c. Fire away.... :D

I know what you mean in principle in regard to refs backing themselves...but IMO it's all the more worrying that a ref does get something wrong and yet is utterly convinced it wasn't. Depending on circumstances of course- But wrong, right in front of him? All the more reason to send him out for some training IMO. And then Harrigan being so blase about it...will he have the same attitude in the finals, and it costs a team their season?

Latest posts