What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harry cleared!

stuke

Bench
that is good news. i was a bit worried about how they would treat him, making an example for all other players. lets hope the good news continues for us!

mickdo

Coach
Kewell free to play
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,19533628-5004540,00.html
From correspondents in Oehringen, Germany
June 20, 2006

HARRY Kewell has been cleared by FIFA over his post-match tirade against a referee and will be free to play in Australia's crucial World Cup Group F match against Croatia on Thursday (Friday AEST).

Football Federation Australia has confirmed FIFA has thrown out the case against Kewell over his confrontation with referee Markus Merk following Australia's 2-0 loss to Brazil on Sunday.

It is understood that part of the reason for dismissing the charge is inconsistent reports from the match officials about the incident.

Australian officials received advice today from FIFA's disciplinary committee that Kewell had been cleared.
The Socceroos had earlier submitted Kewell's side of the story, leaning heavily on the fact referee Merk refused to talk to Australian skipper Mark Viduka when approached during the game to explain certain decisions to him and his teammates.

A team captain is permitted to ask a referee for clarification of decisions during a game, but assistant coach Graham Arnold said yesterday the Socceroos were denied even that right by Merk.

An FFA spokesman said the reasons given by FIFA not to proceed with any action against Kewell were in part "inconsistent reporting by the match officials about the incident", which took place immediately following the final whistle.

That was despite photographs and television replays clearly showing Kewell striding purposefully towards Merk, mouthing off and pointing his finger at him – the sort of anti-referee histrionics FIFA usually frowns heavily upon.

Davester

Juniors
LOL...anyone take a look at the linesman's face who stood between the ref and Harry Kewell? ah gold...:lol:

Great news for the Socceroos! GO YOU AUSSIES! :D

BWNB

First Grade
Good news im affraid we wont be so lucky next time , the ref had a shocker but kewel shouldnt go off like that.

Cletus

First Grade
I loved what he said to Merkin. "you're f**king sh*t". I guess FIFA agreed with him.

mickdo

Coach
Onan the barbarian said:
I loved what he said to Merkin. "you're f**king sh*t". I guess FIFA agreed with him.
I guess you can't be suspended for telling it how it is :lol:

Tyler Durden

Juniors
i don't agree with what harry did, but in a way, i'm glad they did.

have noticed that all the superpowers have been getting an awful lot of all the close decisions go their way when they are playing the weaker countries
think the refs are subconsciousy been giving the close decisions to the big countries. this way, the big countries will not complain and the little countries will be to scared to make a noise.

about time that someone stood up to the schoolyard bullies.

Latest posts