What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone ever mentioned this about SK?

forestfan

Juniors
That when he won the 2008 world cup and the four nations in 2010 he had someone called wayne bennett in the dressing room

Id like to see his record when Bennett wasnt there..like in 2009 four nations when the Kiwis didnt make the final at all

so to make my point

SK isnt as good as hes made out to be...and we are looking good for spoon honours

of course we would all love to see another magical tun around ala 2009

Kornstar

Coach
That when he won the 2008 world cup and the four nations in 2010 he had someone called wayne bennett in the dressing room

Id like to see his record when Bennett wasnt there..like in 2009 four nations when the Kiwis didnt make the final at all

so to make my point

SK isnt as good as hes made out to be...and we are looking good for spoon honours

of course we would all love to see another magical tun around ala 2009

Be careful, you are not allowed to have opinions based on fact.....

tresurehunt

Juniors
sterlo is hanging to get in there i reckon, but in saying that the best no. 7 that we've ever seen had no impact on them (joey), so i cant see how sterlo would.

spartan2153

Juniors
listening to his comments the guy knows the game like anyone else. Ando was on the right track when he asked him to help out with the halves a little. Its just a pitty we have players impersonating they can play that position

Kornstar

Coach
The culture needs to change starting from the top!

Failure should not be accepted! Bennett and Bellamy do not accept the mediocrity that our club accepts!!

No point in the board bringing in a new coach if they aren't going to let him be ruthless, I am unsure that there is anything ruthless happening at the moment!!

True EEL

Bench
i think it was a good opinion shared based on fact....
no doubt SK did have Bennett supporting him for those two international wins, its starting to seem as if that may have been the common denominator...

and Sterlo coaching Parramatta would be a dream come true....except dreams usually don't come true

True EEL

Bench
The culture needs to change starting from the top!

Failure should not be accepted! Bennett and Bellamy do not accept the mediocrity that our club accepts!!

No point in the board bringing in a new coach if they aren't going to let him be ruthless, I am unsure that there is anything ruthless happening at the moment!!

i agree, SK is playing favourites with the squad, no doubt about it
right now Rogers, Robson, Etu, Horo and Lasalo are some of his clear favourties that he just seems like he is going to perssit with no matter what :(

Wise Old Eel

Juniors
I am unashamedly a Daniel Anderson fan as most of you know. I believe he was a smart coach who created a style of play to suit the team his was "given". I believe he achieved more than most coaches would have in the same situation and was dudded with his premature sacking. I also believe we would be travelling a little better this year had he been retained...

Having said that, I am not going to join those criticising Stephen Kearney after just 6 rounds. He is a young, inexperienced coach trying to prove himself with what we all seem to agree on is an ordinary squad.

My concern is this. If we [supposedly] have all this money remaining in our cap, why can't we attract any quality players to the club? Are these players shunning our club? Recruitment for 2012 & beyond will give us a glimpse of what the future holds for our club.

Go the Eels
WOE

TheParraboy

Staff member
I am unashamedly a Daniel Anderson fan as most of you know. I believe he was a smart coach who created a style of play to suit the team his was "given". I believe he achieved more than most coaches would have in the same situation and was dudded with his premature sacking. I also believe we would be travelling a little better this year had he been retained...

Having said that, I am not going to join those criticising Stephen Kearney after just 6 rounds. He is a young, inexperienced coach trying to prove himself with what we all seem to agree on is an ordinary squad.

My concern is this. If we [supposedly] have all this money remaining in our cap, why can't we attract any quality players to the club? Are these players shunning our club? Recruitment for 2012 & beyond will give us a glimpse of what the future holds for our club.

Go the Eels
WOE

I have a well thought out theory on this

We will have even more money under the cap next year, and more so the year after, THEN....

WOOSKA

We will sign Israel Falau, Jonathon Thurston, Karmichael Hunt, Shane Watson and Mat Dunning

True EEL

Bench
I'm prepared to give Kearney a bit longer than 5 rounds before judging him too harshly.

that's fair enough and i'm not asking for his head.....but so far he is showing his inexperience and he is favouring players

i had hoped for much more already...hmmmm

Latest posts