What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone mentioned?

Redback71

First Grade
That apparantly Tim Smith has signed with Easts in the QLD cup and depending on how he goes could find himself playing for the Broncos at some stage in either 2010 or 2011.

Was in yesterdays Courier Mail. I only just read it.

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
http://www.wigantoday.net/warriors/Trent39s-return-to-Wigan.5685941.jp

Meanwhile, the future of another ex-Wigan stand-off has been resolved after Tim Smith signed with Queensland Cup side Brisbane Easts Tigers.

Smith left Warriors this year after dislocating his shoulder playing against Hull KR in June.
He had been on the hunt for an NRL club but has opted to rebuild his Australian career from a lower level – Tigers act as a feeder club for Brisbane Broncos.

Their coach, Jason Gainey, said: "He's a dominant No.7 and that's something we've been missing. He'll be really handy."

Parraren

Bench
I think thats a good move for Tim playing in QLD with the support of his family nearby.

Hopefully it works out for him.

Stagger eel

Staff member
goodluck to him but to be perfectly honest with the talent that we already have at our disposal he'd be struggling to even get 1 game..

bartman

Immortal
^^^ Exactly what Parraren said.

Hopefully that should put to bed the Tim Smith to the Eels dreams once and for all.

84 Baby

Referee
Correct predictions - Me = 1
The week after Brisbane are knocked out the announcement arrives that they have signed Tim Smith. Good depth at half - Wallace, Hunt & Smith.
Say Wallace plays rubbish as he is prone to do & Hunt is injured, after Saturday's halfback performance by Lockyer, could we see Smith playing 7 for the Broncos?
If he performs well next year in QLD Cup, you can guarantee Broncos will have to stave off many suitors from those clubs who are losing halves at the end of next year...

Last edited:

Kornstar

Coach
Did you see Hunts debut????? If we had a player debut like that he would have crucified by our fickle fans.

Probably lucky for that Brisbane actually like their players.

Been meaning to post this and I can't find a link but in the Sunday Mail up here it had a small article about Tim Smith joining the Easts Tigers in the Queensland Cup next year.

From memory, the Tiges have a feed relationship to the Rabbitohs due to the Shane Richardson and now John Lang relationship with them.

**EDIT** - Think there is also a feed to the Broncs.

Last edited:

fish eel

Immortal
lol....funny how threads about Tim Smith have been pretty quiet since we started winning....

Craig Johnston

First Grade
why did it have to be another broncos affiliated club? it's such a rort that system. why not burleigh where he's from etc......?