What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has Bennett gone senile???

Hurriflatch

Referee
Brisbane coach Wayne Bennett said last night he wished he could forfeit next week's potential minor premiership decider against Parramatta, while Sydney Roosters insisted they could beat whoever finishes first if given a chance the following weekend.

"If you were allowed to forfeit the game, I would," said Bennett of the Parramatta Stadium clash next Friday. We just keep getting injuries on injuries over the past three weeks. It's ridiculous. We'll just put the best team we can out. We won't play anyone who's injured

Source: SMH

I understand that this was said to a degree tounge in cheek but really is this the sort of thing you'd want to hear coming from the head coach as either a player or fan of the Brisbane Broncos??

OVP

Coach
Hurriflatch said:
while Sydney Roosters insisted they could beat whoever finishes first if given a chance the following weekend.

Stuart KNOWS it will be the Eels. Stuart KNOWS we'll beat them, easy. Pretenders are always easy. ;-):lol:

Meanie

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
I understand that this was said to a degree tounge in cheek but really is this the sort of thing you'd want to hear coming from the head coach as either a player or fan of the Brisbane Broncos??

I don't think it was tongue in cheek. Bennett said exactly the same thing last year, and it just indicates that he's given up on this year. Which for a teams supporters who are LEADING the bloody competition is mortifying.

For the first time ever, I'm going to say it. Wayne Bennett needs to be replaced.

macavity

Referee
Settle down peoples....!

Can't you just appreciate his honesty and dry humour.... or would you rather he speak in cliches like most of the others in the game....

Phillips

Referee
macavity said:
Settle down peoples....!

Can't you just appreciate his honesty and dry humour.... or would you rather he speak in cliches like most of the others in the game....

ok :|

Saint 60

Juniors
dear o dear...i remember him crying for Cant..Canb and Newcastle when Brisbane played them this year...
he didnt even put his best side on the paddock either..

poor bloke.. :(

Misty Bee

First Grade
Stuart KNOWS it will be the Eels. Stuart KNOWS we'll beat them, easy. Pretenders are always easy.

Confident huh? Then how come your mob's fate ain't in their hands anymore?

Jeez it would be funny if Manly won this weekend!

On that form last night, Parra would piss on the Roosters.

Ricky, to win games against the "top" sides, you have to score these things called TRIES.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
What would the Chooks do the the Minor Premiers? Put them to sleep and try to run in a few tries while the defence is taking a kip?

Utey

Coach
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
On that form last night, Parra would piss on the Roosters.

Ricky, to win games against the "top" sides, you have to score these things called TRIES.

:LOL: GOLD! Because its so true.

JJ

Immortal
OVP said:
Stuart KNOWS it will be the Eels. Stuart KNOWS we'll beat them, easy. Pretenders are always easy. ;-):lol:

yeah yeah - one more Manly loss and we might even see Rooster Cogburn again...

Looking more and more like Dragons vs Eels - the Tigers are the big unknown for mine, and if the Broncos get some people fit they'll still be tough...

Next week you can expect a second string broncos side down at Parramatta.

No Seymour, Lockyer, Hodges, Webcke, Stagg, Barnes, Parker, McGuire (just to name a few).

By the sounds of that, Wayne won't play anyone who isn't 100%.

Broncos v Cowboys week 1 of the finals.

Razor

Coach
macavity said:
Settle down peoples....!

It's good if they speak with honesty, but only when they are mentally sound.

Also I find it amusing when other coaches like Stuart speak honestly they get blasted by the Broncos, Broncos fans and Broncos media for speaking honestly and told that if they think that they shouldn't say it. Hypcoritical?

El Diablo

Post Whore
OVP said:

This from the clown who claims others are arrogant.

Back on the bandwagon for the time being it seems.

Latest posts