What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has Gould lost it?

Ribs

Bench
Im a big fan of his coaching but I was pretty shocked at his interchange tactics on Wednesday night. When Waterhouse hadnt seen any game time and Stevens had only 15 minutes of the first half, I figured these two guys would play a huge part in the second half but both got bugger all game time.

In Origin, with all its pace, surely you need to use all the players to their maximum? Stevens was going well but he just brushed him and you could see he was mighty pissed off about it.

It seems to me he is trying to be controversial just for the sake of it.

Saint 60

Juniors
Sorry - im not a big fan of his coaching - ive said this before he walked into 2 premiership winning sides....he had east for a couple of years....they expected a title.......

he leaves and they get one.

he coached SoO teams yup sure...but seriously how hard is it to coach a very good side....ask Chris Anderson lol

Finch and Wing are bad selections - they are not on form,
I cant believe he insists on taking Buderous off after 25 mins or so....

he seems to be counter punching with Qld when they really havent got the side that NSW has got......
i also find it hard to follow his selections and doings...but im not an easts suporter either lol

--------------------------------------------------
Other Writters and Reporters are taking big chunks outa him at present

good !

Ribs

Bench
Ive always thought he was a great coach, after reading his book 'Good as Gould' (what a title though...) I have been a fan and I loved the way he gave it to Ribot etc......

The way I see it, he tried to win the game by coaching decisions instead of letting the players win it on the field.....

Saint 60

Juniors
yeah the Super League he was in there swinging i must agree there.......

Ribot is a f/king goose but and not hard to hit with anything.

but i saw him play (Gould) there wasnt much special there ---- but i guess if playing was anything i couldnt even type lol

from what ive seen of his coaching, he puts great stock and weight in his very senior players.....and gives them all the say - of course im only guessing.

dont get me wrong ive never hated him....i just think he is rorting the system at present and has far 2 much say in things like SoO....(but who wouldnt if given the chance)
Easts players chosen are proving it again and again...then they stay at the club because maybe Phil can get me in again.

just my optics but lol

---------------------------------------

Saints to win everyweekend :p

Ribs

Bench
I dont think it was his fault that so many roosters were chosen and I cant really say I disagree with the selections. Although I was pissed off at Hornby being dropped, I see the logic with Fittler/Minichello.

The roosters are going pretty well and deserve plenty of rep spots and I think Ricky Stuart will be a great Origin coach next year.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
the problem with gould is he thinks he's bigger than the game

he's arrogant... and i think that what ribs says is right, he tries to win the game with coaching decisions... he's trying to live through the players because he didn't have their talent i reckon

what he said about fittler was rediculous though... how can you put a shadow of a player into state of origin then say he went well after the guy runs out of gas in the first 25 minutes?

Saint 60

Juniors
actually, i heard on Channel 9 tonite that he used to follow the Saints when he was a young bloke ---

he has been pushing Saints the last two games, i dont know whats up, hes probibly cultivating one of our players for the goosters....but

since he used to follow the saints hes gone up in my books from an arsehole to just an arse...again we all have them sept some are bigger than others lol

-------------------------------------

:lol: Love a dragon a day
:lol: Make a benchmark

dice

Juniors
Saint 60 said:
since he used to follow the saints hes gone up in my books from an arsehole to just an arse

I always knew Gus had a lot in common with Saints supporters. :p

You can have him.