What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has it spread ?????

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Has the Martyn syndrome spread within there very own camp???

Thats right as the media has been slaying Martyn for not scoring a century for sometime now in both the Test and 1 day arena it appears that Ricky Ponting has caught his disease.

Now Sure Punter set the cricket world on fire last year in the Test arena but it appears of late in the 1 day arena he has forgotten how to take it to the next step and this has been very noticable on the current tour of SL

Most people know I am a huge fan of Punter (13th member in his fan club actually :D ) but I have noticed of late that he has appeared to have forgotten to take it to the next step in the 1 day arena.

What do you guys think????

Matt23

Staff member
He'll score a century again, soon enough (tonight would be nice, punter) :)

Hasn't needed to. He has been very consistent though. In Australia he has only ever made ODI centuries at the MCG. Strange but true.

As a team the ODI side's batting is functioning very well. With the exception of Michael Bevan who I think has to go.

We are more dynamic with Katich there.

knights04

Bench
Martyn scored a ODI 100 last Nov in TVS cup, and hasn't scored a test ton in 2 yrs. Michael Clarke has caught the Martyn bug and seems to be returning from nowhere.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I forget how he got out in the first one.

The Wednesady he got an inside edge onto the stumps.

Last night he got an unplayable delivery from Murili that would have got anyone weather they were on 9 or 99. Credit to the bowler for last nights dismissal.

I think its just coincidence.

He has to be close to the best in the world on current form, as the Kiwis seemed to have quietened Kallis down a bit.