What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has the Knights Moved On From Joey's retirement?

Has the Knights Club come to terms and moved on from Joey Johns?

• YES

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • NO

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters

Joker's Wild

Coach
I think the big difference between the loss of Joey and the loss of Bedsy is that the club has bought and structured well in order to cover for the void that Danny will leave. I think we were forced to cover for Joey 6mths too early due to his forced retirement.

perverse

Referee
bedsy was a massive player, and a legend of our club and state... however he's not in the same class as joey. no-one is... bar maybe king wally.

we will miss bedsy, but we're very well prepared now... and i think we can continue our momentum forward and up the ladder without him.

keeney

First Grade
Buderus had been down on form for the last 2 years prior to this one anyway. He was superhuman at times this year, but that gradual decline was the toll of years of playing injured and above his weight. A legend of the club and game, but he wasn't getting any younger, and De Gois is potentially our best signing since BK.

Frederick

Staff member
I am genuinely excited about De Gois coming here next year. I honestly cannot remember the last time we signed an already established first grader who is on the cusp of representative selection with the potential to be a superstar...my guess is BK was the last one.

It's funny that you regularly hear about Smith being voted the coach players least want to play under, but since he's been here we've had 2 blue chip signings in 2 years in Ben Cross and De Gois...more than we got in 6 years under Hagan

God-King Dean

Immortal
I gotta admit, I thought Newcastle would finish last without Johns.

But ultimately, Jobdog is gay.

Captain Fred on the other hand, is very cute.

Jono078

Referee
I'm excited about De Gois. His ability to speed up the play is under valued and the Sharks will find out next year with a slow Corey Hughes.

De Gois is gonna kill it, will suit our playing style IMO, quick runs getting the opposition on the back foot and give Mullen more time etc.

Hanscholo

Bench
I think so.

The team i watched play this season certainly werent a one man band, despite gidley's best efforts.

Luke Hatherley

Juniors
The Question is will the knights survive when the Kurt Gidley era ends
What is he 26?

I'm with Pika on Buderus, he is certainly up there with Johns in fact I'd go as far as to say Johns wouldn't have been as effective as he was without Buderus supporting him.

Latest posts