What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HASLER NAMES ROOKIES FOR TIGERS TRIAL

Briza

Juniors
HASLER NAMES ROOKIES FOR TIGERS TRIAL

Manly coach Des Hasler has named three 20 year old rookies in his run on side to play Wests Tigers in an NRL trial at Leichhardt Oval on Saturday.

Karl Johnson,Travis Burns and Matt Ballin have been chosen in the starting 13 in an opportunity to impress before the start of the premiership in four weeks.

Trials at Leichhardt Oval will start at 11.45 a.m. with the Matthews Shield and continue through the day with SG Ball starting at 1 p.m.,Flegg Cup at 2.30 p.m.,Premier League at 4.15 p.m. and the NRL trial at 6 p.m.

The NRL trial will be held in quarters.

NRL teams for the trials are:

MANLY SEA EAGLES

Brett Stewart,Scott Donald,Paul Stephenson,Karl Johnson,John Hopoate,Michael Witt,Travis Burns,Kylie Leuluai,Matt Ballin,Daniel Heckenberg,Sam Harris,Glenn Stewart,Luke Williamson.

REPLACEMENTS: Terry Hill,Chris Hicks,Michael Monaghan,Jason King,Chad Randall,Shane Dunley,Brent Kite,Ben Kennedy,Steve Menzies.

chileman

Coach
Good to see the young kids get a run...Matt Ballin played very well against Wynnum last weekend!

Briza

Juniors
Yeah I heard, I also heard that he is highly regarded at the club by Toovey & Hasler .

If he has a big year he may push for a bench spot, could this be Dunners last year at Manly?

canteen worker

Juniors
There are some even game enough to suggest that Ballin has the potential to oust Randall as the number 1 hooker in the club. If so it could be a very interesting season as Chad will have to step up. It is a very important year in his career!

canteen worker

Juniors
Good point Disco!!!! We should not put wraps on guys too quickly. It amazes me who people have Alberts, Johnson etc in their teams for the year and basically we haven't even seen them play. Same thing happened with Stephenson last year and whilst good at times he was somewhat disappointing, especially in defence.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
But Stephenson did start the season in the centres. He just couldn't hold the spot.

The centre positions are potentially going our biggest stumbling block this season.

Hopefully someone will step up to the plate for us. I think the team looks fine across the paddock except in the centres.

Briza

Juniors
While our Centre options are not the Best, they certainly look brighter than they last few years?

Briza

Juniors
Me too SER, I know he left for a longer contract but he'll be lucky to play NRL at the Dragons.

Chile,

ATM untill one of the young guys makes the step up you'd expect Hicks will stay in the centres?

Garts

Bench
Briza said:
Me too SER, I know he left for a longer contract but he'll be lucky to play NRL at the Dragons.

Chile,

ATM untill one of the young guys makes the step up you'd expect Hicks will stay in the centres?

He will play a fair bit of NRL, Gasnier is always injured dont forget.

He is not in the charity shield side as he is injured according to Browny!!!

Garts

Bench
Briza said:
He also copped a suspension in rd 26 ?

I forgot about that, I could have heard it wrong.

Anyway after that Gasnier will be injured in his 1st or 2nd game back with Torrens to step in afterwards. Will be interesting to see how he goes in the Dragons backline.

Latest posts