What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hastings

Dragsters

First Grade
He looked much better yesterday than he has all season

He played at 5/8 and was in a dominant side.

Not sure which one of the 2 was the reason?

Had a half who plays straight and direct.

Didn't have the guide the team around all on his own

A strong forward pack.

Dragons1986

Juniors
Kid has talent, no doubt, Would only take him back as a 5/8 IF we already had a good Halfback to lead the team around already.

denis preston

First Grade
He is cursed with one fatal flaw that stopped his father from playing regular rep football- speed. Would take back if we had a dominant half.No zip for hooker either.

Ruby

Juniors
He is cursed with one fatal flaw that stopped his father from playing regular rep football- speed. Would take back if we had a dominant half.No zip for hooker either.

I would put a few thousand dollars that we would have scored double the tries if Hastings and Bird were our halves!!

And both are damn juniors.

Let's see how Bird goes in the country match!

Widdop and Benji must go

Cut the excuses you who say they shouldn't.

How many points do we score a game??!

Ohhhh.....a whole big fat 9!!

Lol lol

They dont even score enough to make the wanderers soccer side!

possm

Coach
Watching Jai Field on the weekend when Jack Payne went down with injury he took over and did a really good job.

I was very impressed with the performance of our NYC team last weekend. If Head can keep them performing like that, they have a really good chance in 2016.

I believe Dafty would not look out of place in first grade.

I agree Possm they played a well thought out game plan.

They had players in motion and the halves directed everyone around even when Payne went off they didn't miss a beat.

The backline sat deep and ran onto a pass and the hooker Robson had good vision when looking to pass with inside and outside passes.

Matty Head was smart player and may end up being a very smart coach in time.

TheRev

First Grade
Hastings has talent, not the obvious Jack Bird talent.. but the skills are there, he does look like a cleetus, but getting rid of the beard would help..

I think Widdop + Hastings could work, definitely not on top dollar though.. Hastings is very much a 'maybe' still.. but i think he just needs time, he does nearly win games for his team, hes quite creative.... but he also has a few errors of judgement, he almost pulled off the game against us 2 weeks ago..

However I reckon he will stay at Roosters as 1st drop for injury, even if they sign someone.. they probably bought a house for his mother or some such, and I reckon still keen to keep him, just perhaps not 1st grade week in week out just yet.

boot

Juniors
I was very impressed with the performance of our NYC team last weekend. If Head can keep them performing like that, they have a really good chance in 2016.

I believe Dafty would not look out of place in first grade.

I watched this game also, was really impressed with our squad. Plenty of passion and skill.