What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hatton vs Mayweather

gotta give credit to the poms though, they were in voice throughout the whole fight.

Hatton looked good in parts of the fight but Mayweather stepped it up in the 8th and it was all over

Hatton could not get inside him all fight and Mayweather absoloutly destroyed him with those left hooks and jabs

clivethemessiah

Juniors
Dragonsforthewin said:
gotta give credit to the poms though, they were in voice throughout the whole fight.

Hatton looked good in parts of the fight but Mayweather stepped it up in the 8th and it was all over

Hatton could not get inside him all fight and Mayweather absoloutly destroyed him with those left hooks and jabs

I thought Mayweather was just a bit too much for Ricky, but he showed lots of guts. Mayweather is a class act, Ricky Hatton stepped up to much and possibly at the wrong time.

Dragon

Coach
Full credit to mayweather, i guess some blokes are arrogant for a reason. Good to see a fighter who can back up the talk.

shiznit

Coach
pennywisealfie said:
id like to see mayweather step into the octagon, see how good he really is at fighting.
lol.... no thanks... i think he would much rather pick up multi-million dollar pay days every 6 months instead of humping the sh*t out of fat biker in the middle of a cage for 50 bucks....

sydraider

First Grade
Mayweather was just too good. He done what was necessary in holding ricky back with the forearm and elbow. Was too quick for hatton.

Simo

First Grade
The good thing about watching Hatton fight is that he is always giving it a go, so he was out of his league class wise but he gave it a go and lost his 0.

I find Hatton funny and thought his post fight speech was more honest than the typical crap dished out by Mayweather.

Mayweather far to classy for Ricky in the ring.

St. Brett

Juniors
I'm just reading all of what you people typed yesterday and somebody made a great call 2 rounds before Hatton was KO'd.
Well done.

One thing that's puzzling me though is, you all had Mayweather winning ALL rounds.

I didn't take down notes while watching it yesterday as I was just taking in the spectacle.

I even said to myself watching it, "I'm glad I'm not scoring this fight because I haven't got a clue who's winning it."

I thought rounds one through till 5 were un-scorable. Hard to judge. It was awkward fighting to score the first few rounds.

Oh my god!

Was it just us or did the rest of you lose transmission and missed rounds 6 7 8 and 9?

If you paid for that fight yesterday then I'd be screaming myself. (I watched it in the noisey pub.)

That fight was completely ruined because of that interuption.
We had a storm roll through then transmission for the fight t'yoofed off.

What bad timing.
All the pub drunks started chanting bullsh*t and kicking up a storm.

It actually killed all momentum of the interest in the fight.

Who watched that De Le Ponce guy? For $1:08 fav he was pretty ordinary. Did that guy remind you of Vic Darchinian or what? He sort of threw punches from wacky out-there angles.

That Contender fella....umm, Manfredo has no power behind his punches.

The big one....what do I recall from the fight?
Joe Cortez should have stayed out of it and let 'em fight. I wanted to get in the ring and deck him! Let 'em go. Let 'em fight. Stay out of it.

Angelina Jolie to me needs a good bloody feed. (I had two Beef chow mein's myself) Skinny looking thing she is. They all booed Brad and her.

What patience from Mayweather huh?
He waited those entire 10 rounds for that left hook.
That was the secret!
It was there all along!
Look at Hatton's fighting style, people.
He charges in with no regard for safety.
Mayweather caught him coming in. That's what he was looking out for, the precision perfect timing.
It was twice the knock out punch and Hatton helped half deliver it.
Hatton's actually knocked himself out. He's contributed to his own downfall.
He shouldn't come bullocking in like he does because everybody will pick him off now.
Secrets out.

Does Hatton fight all his fights like that?
Just smothering people with close range punches?
Do those punches score points though when you bulldog somebody on the ropes like that? It's sloppy lazy fighting.

Did nobody pick up that Mayweather was fighting illegally? You can't use your swinging forearms and elbows like that.
He did that for a good 5 rounds frustrating Hatton until finally bam!

No wonder Hatton hit him in the back of the head.
The ref hardly warned Mayweather of dirty tactics.
He fought dirty for most of the fight to set up that one big punch.

I thought from the get-go that Mayweather was not fighting his fight. Mayweather didn't fight his own fight. Mayweather got sucked in by Hatton's style. Hatton was the center dominator. And Mayweather was waiting for Hatton to go first.. It wasn't Mayweather's usual dancing style. He actually had to adjust to Hatton hogging him and lounging all over him. Hatton actually controled the proceedings.
I thought Hatton was setting him up nice for a good portion of the fight. He was controling it for a good portion.

Wanna know what I'd like to see? Hatton fight De La Hoya now.
Forget De La Hoya and Zab Judah.

I believe that Mayweather could've knocked out De La Hoya in their fight but didn't because he was his payee!

Get Hatton up against De La Hoya next.

On a final note....I thought the hitman was a warrior? I only backed Mayweather by decision because I believed if Hatton got knocked down he'd have the spirit to get up and continue to the final bell.

He wasn't supposed to knock him out. My bet was only 2 and a bit rounds away from victory.

God damn it...I pick the winner of the fight but came home cashless.
It's a sh*tty feeling.
I did however find $10 after I left.
It was a consulation prize. Bought 3 Mangoes and Advil.

P.S. did the fight really live up to expectation? It wasn't what you'd call a great fight. To much clinching and how many times did Mayweather take a back step to Hatton? He wouldn't meet him at times and chose to back away. I guess he used the outside of the ring and utilized it to perfection to set up that final blow. Patience and timing was beautiful.
So he's sucked him out and caught him on the charge. That's using the outside of the ring, people. Make your opponent come to you and unload on them coming out/in. It's beautiful. It was the work of a genius. I think Mayweather could've knocked him out in any of the other rounds before 10.
It was there all along.
Hatton beat himself. He'll have to change that style I believe.

Simo

First Grade
i watched at the pub and also lost tje signal for rounds 6-9....was a pain in the butt

St. Brett

Juniors
Simo

And didn't it kill the heart of the fight? All momentum out the sh*thouse.

What about you people at home? Did it do the same thing?

There actually looks to be what looks like another storm rolling in right now as I speak.

That'll make it 3 days straight. Friday's was a doozy.

Can anyone recall the fighters entering the ring with music? Hatton only got a quarter coverage when he entered the ring.

Who fights next then?

What is it about watching Boxing and wanting to watch that boxing movie Gladiator?

If they're serious about Mason fighting Wane Carey in oz then that will well and truly root any recognision or credibility Australia has.
On a world scene we're a god damn joke and if this football code business continues, well.
Are you people reading this?
Mason versus Carey? This ain't no circus FFS! Get serious.

See that clown Sonni Michael Angelo on Friday night? I totally agree with Fenech on this one 100%.
The Jap forgot that he could use his hands. He didn't throw sh*t.
How embarrassing.

PPS. there's one more thing. Sunday mornings paper I looked at Hatton's picture at the weigh in face off and he had lost an incredible amount of weight and reminded me of Danny Green and Tszyu when they had to come down in weight with sunken eyes and rib bones poking through.

It was me that made the call 2 rounds before he was K.O'd :D

But uh yeah I gave Hatton a round earlier but the other rounds were hard to choose before the 7th. 3-1 or something then I couldnt judge it.

Mr Saab

Referee
DeeGan said:
Well, I am going against my better judgment noted in this thread and I am laying my hard earned on Ricky Hatton in what will be an upset. The hunger is there and I think he is in the head of Mayweather with the way he is not backing down when Floyd attempts to intimidate.

So, I am covering my bets: $50 on a Hatton win by KO ($5), $50 on Hatton by decision ($5)and $10 on the draw.

Hunger might have been there, but the class wasnt.
Costly lesson

shiznit said:
lol.... no thanks... i think he would much rather pick up multi-million dollar pay days every 6 months instead of humping the sh*t out of fat biker in the middle of a cage for 50 bucks....

sounds like u havent seen mma in about 7 years. the days of "the fat biker" are over. Last time Tank Abbott stepped into the octagon he got beat in less than 30 seconds. you need to be a well rounded fighter. MMA fighters are very fit athletes. MMA is bigger than Boxing in the states. I know mayweather would make a sh*tload more money in boxing, but Boxing really has nothing on MMA in terms of proving who the better fighter is, If mayweather is serious about saying that hes the best, he should prove it.

Latest posts