What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have the Dragons lost their Passion and Hunger?

Have the Dragons lost their passion and hunger?

• Yes

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 40 72.7%

• Total voters

STG-Dragon

Juniors
To me it looks like the large lead we had on the comp and the media sh*t has led to the Dragons losing there passion and hunger and becoming a little complacent :(. Hopefully after the last 2 games, the fact that teams have or are catching up to us and the finals are only 2 weeks away they wake themselves up and help get that passion and drive they had earlier in the season back.

Last edited:
no no no no no no no no no .

you can't be expected to win or play at the top level all the time. you are going to have those games where you are not at your best. we have done this a few times this year and have come away with some wins. couldn't do that tonight against a classy broncos outfit. this is a blessing in disguise. have a look at the last few years. the premiers lost games in august and/or september. get the sh!t out of the way now rather than in a months time.

goodnight.

BIG SHANE

Juniors
From my point of view i think its master coach bennets ploy to have them look like they are playign sh*t but really they are just saving themselves for the finals and trying to get thru with no injuries.

Sowards kicking game has been average last two games with no kicks to the wingers like he has numerous times.

Also last two games he hasnt done any long passes to dell or morris?????????

Im thinking they are reserving themselves for the finals to begin and then BANG!!!!!!!!!!

Gaba

First Grade
Look how the broncos played in recent years , they werent the best leading into the finals , the sides who were playing thier best before the finals were bundled out of the finals quickly because the ycouldnt lift anymore,

Last edited:

Efresh

Coach
Lockyer had his best kicking game for the season and the Broncos forward tackled hard and in numbers and looked threatening with the ball in hand all game. And they still only managed 2 tries. The way Brisbane played last night they would have beaten any other team in the NRL by 12 points or more.

Everyone can see the Dragons have been flat since the Melbourne game but even playing flat they have yet to lose by more than 12 points all year. I'd rather be on the team that even on their worst day only loses by 12 points than on anyone else.

This Year?

Immortal
From my point of view i think its master coach bennets ploy to have them look like they are playign sh*t but really they are just saving themselves for the finals and trying to get thru with no injuries.

Sowards kicking game has been average last two games with no kicks to the wingers like he has numerous times.

Im thinking they are reserving themselves for the finals to begin and then BANG!!!!!!!!!!

I agree.

jpaciocco91

Juniors

I couldn't agree more. He hasn't done sh*t recently.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
We played a team more desperate than us. The Broncos arent even assured of a finals spot so of course they are going to come at us. Look at all the other teams that have fired late, the Rabbitohs, Tigers, Eels, all teams desperate knowing one loss could cost them. Dragons on the other hand have nothing much to play for now (MP pffft who cares) so they are going through the motions and waiting for September to lift. We will be sweet. Wayne didnt win 6 premiership by being a hopless coach.

Red Bear

Referee
The Melbourne game seemed to take alot out of them mentally, they've been flat since then. Their performance against Penrith wasnt particularly convincing, and then they have dropped their last two games.

They've been the best side all year so it shouldnt worry them too much, but they would want to get back to their winning ways soon.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
We played a team more desperate than us. The Broncos arent even assured of a finals spot so of course they are going to come at us. Look at all the other teams that have fired late, the Rabbitohs, Tigers, Eels, all teams desperate knowing one loss could cost them. Dragons on the other hand have nothing much to play for now (MP pffft who cares) so they are going through the motions and waiting for September to lift. We will be sweet. Wayne didnt win 6 premiership by being a hopless coach.

I agree that's why I feel they have lost that hunger over the last few weeks other teams need the points so much more than us.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
Dragons need to find hunger again

By Todd Balym

The metre-eaters of the NRL are suddenly on a hunger strike.
St George Illawarra's 2009 premiership drive has hit a speed bump with their first back-to-back defeat of the year, a 12-2 loss to Brisbane at WIN Stadium on Friday night jeopardising their minor premiership chances.
And just as it was in the 24-12 defeat in Canberra last week, the Dragons lost their go-forward against the Broncos, making just 1197m.
It was their second worst yardage gain this year, following the 1211m in Canberra, and well down on their season average of 1452m.
Centre Matt Cooper says the Dragons are finding it difficult getting out of their own half, not even a favourable 8-4 penalty count helping them get momentum against a defiant Brisbane side.
"We just didn't get any field position," said Cooper.
"Their line speed was great and we were struggling to get out of our half.
"That was probably a major issue for us so we have to look at that.
"We're still on top of the table, but you don't want to be going into the semis with losses under your belt."
The loss has put the Dragons' once vice-like grip on the minor premiership in danger, with the Bulldogs capable of drawing level on 34 competition points when they meet the Sydney Roosters on Monday.
With the Dragons facing the more difficult run to the finals - with South Sydney (away) and Parramatta (home) in the final two weeks - the red and whites need to rediscover their winning form quickly.
But there is no panic in the red and whites.
Cooper says if anything the back-to-back losses will only make the Dragons hungrier for the ultimate success at the end of the year.
"It might make us a bit more hungry," said Cooper.
"We have been up for a while, it's something that is hard to do. It's hard to stay on top forever so maybe it is a good thing that we've had a loss."
Cooper limped from the field late in the loss, but says his ongoing heel complaint is going to remain a problem he will just have to manage through the finals.
Skipper Ben Hornby said the Dragons simply need to focus on getting their training right to get out of their mini slump.
"At the moment, we're probably not playing our best," said Hornby.
"We're not executing as well as we have in the past. We just have to go back to the training paddock and get it right."

http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latest...ragons-need-to-find-hunger-again/default.aspx

Firey_Dragon

Coach

Our go forward has been sh*t the last two games. There is only so much you can do when you're constantly kicking from your 30 and 40m lines. We've had zero field positions and the cut out plays you talk of can only be executed well when you have your opposition back-peddling or pushing forward slowly. Neither of which has happened in the last 2 games due to our forward pack not getting over the advantage line.

Our backline has had space all year, it doesn't know what to do without it at the moment. I don't know how it's going to change either, our pack looks tired, Weyman is the only guy making 8-9m on a run.

SilentAssassin

Juniors
The Melbourne game seemed to take alot out of them mentally, they've been flat since then. Their performance against Penrith wasnt particularly convincing, and then they have dropped their last two games.

They've been the best side all year so it shouldnt worry them too much, but they would want to get back to their winning ways soon.

I was thinking about that last night. They haven't put together a good performance since the Melbourne game.

Hopefully its just a mini slump we will come out of.

There is master plan by the master coach....Wait and see what will happen now from here on...They will come out and belt Souths next week to keep the minor premiers tag for 09...They will follow up with 2nd gear attitude and knock Eels out of finals contention...Then BANG they will display a new attacking play that will blow sides of the field which has been fine tuned..All year other teams have tuned in on current attack to perfect their defence against the Dragons..FINALLY it has come to fruition. However, they will not be able to accomplish a resistance to this new style of play in 4 weeks.......

Dragons have and will deliver a new level of football..Watch the changes start to appear next week...Bunnies are in for a crave up!...

This team is a very WELL COACHED football side....

Ulysseus

Bench
No.
And to jog everyones memory.

Langers controversial "leg first" tackling style.

If that doesn't get you pissed off, NOTHING WILL!

Cheating little merkin.

Attachments

• langertrip.jpg
    langertrip.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 9

watatank

Coach
I think we gotta remember that most teams have had to play finals intensity for weeks, just to make the finals while we have been assured of a top four spot for weeks. We're also trying to keep the whole squad healthy so we can fire when it matters.

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
Get a grip on reality all you cry babies and doomsday predtictors. It is better the Dragons go thru a flat spot now than during the finals series.

sharkfinsoup

Juniors
no no no no no no no no no .

you can't be expected to win or play at the top level all the time. you are going to have those games where you are not at your best. we have done this a few times this year and have come away with some wins. couldn't do that tonight against a classy broncos outfit. this is a blessing in disguise. have a look at the last few years. the premiers lost games in august and/or september. get the sh!t out of the way now rather than in a months time.

goodnight.

No need to slash our wrists just yet eh?