What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have they ever played league before....

The Professor

Juniors
Caucau, Rokocoko and Sivivatu would all go well in league.

Caucau would still be lethal, in France he was the leading try scorer. But he is lazy.

Sivivatu would be devestating in league, no one from either code can step like he can off both feet and at full speed.

There are better steppers in league, the little blokes mostly, but at full speed none are as good as Sivi at changing direction.

Ma'a would also be another great leaguie. His footwork is great, his power is awesome and he has the same sort of step as Willie Tonga and Mark Gasnier, it's very subtle, nothing flashy, but very effective at beating your opponent.

If Nonu goes to League expect him to be up there with the best, Clinton Toopi, Paul whatawira, Nigel Vagana etc don't hold anything near the weapons Ma'a has, so he'd be a walk into the kiwi international side thats for sure.

Woods99 said:
To be chosen to play in an NRL side you have to be able to tackle. If you cannot tackle, you will not be picked, and will not have the opportunity to score any tries at all.

Thus, his defence has everything to do with his tryscoring ability in league.

Well ! I can't see the Broncos dropping Lockyer because of his miss tackles .

taipan

Referee
Woods99 said:
He would not get the chance to score any tries, because nobody would buy him. They would look at his videos and see that he doesn't do anything much other than run with the ball, and frankly that ability looks like a flash in the pan.

He is fat and lazy now, no doubt.

Obvously you never heard of Fijian Noah Nndruku(spelling) who played for Canberra. Brilliant attacker and average defender.Would be in any NRL team.

He was probably not born then Taipan when Noa Nadruku played for the Raiders . He wasn't a straight hit defender but he certainly chase everyone and tackle them from behind .

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Woods99 said:
He would not get the chance to score any tries, because nobody would buy him. They would look at his videos and see that he doesn't do anything much other than run with the ball, and frankly that ability looks like a flash in the pan.

He is fat and lazy now, no doubt.

lol. Doesn't do much else other than run with the ball better than any player I've seen in either code in the last 10 years.

Of course he's fat and lazy, but there's no doubt that if he actually made it to the ground in some sort of semi-decent physical condition, any NRL coach would love him in their team.

I'm interested to hear that he was top tryscorer in France, I assumed he had dropped off the face of the Earth. A shame that a player's career is doomed as far as Kiwis and Aussies go once he plays in the Northern Hemisphere.