What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have you ever played with, against or coached a player who played NRL?

biff malibu

Juniors
Played against the Morris bros in the backyard a thousand times, then we would clear out the lounge room and play lounge footy and then after dinner and baths we would play flick footy until bed time. Footy was like water to those boys, all for the love of the game

tumbidragon

First Grade
Robinson strikes me as the sort of player you want to grab and belt the shit out of if you were playing against him.
Not sure how successful that tactic would be but I thought he looked like a very annoying player

Nah he was tough as nails. Always tried not run in his general direction :lol: Quality bloke too.

Pig Champion

Juniors
ET got past me to score out wide. Barry Russell gave me a gob full for that. Didn't let any more get past or through me that game but next year I was in the B side.

I tackled Bryce Gibbs one drunken Australia Day in a game of beach footy. I think he might not have been running very hard at me. Still it felt good.

Last edited:

Knightmare

Coach
Aku Uate played in my U/19's team at Woy Woy. He was a super quiet guy, mostly hung with the other Islander guys. If you'd told us back then that one of the guys in our squad would go on to be a solid 1st grader for the Knights and play for NSW, I doubt anybody would have picked Aku. Truly a quiet achiever...

dayze

Juniors
I had Beau Falloon and Eddy pettybourne in my year at school, had soliola the year above and Jason Clark and Tom Symonds the year below me. Symonds was a classy bloke.

Also played rep cricket with Dave Warner he was an absolute turd. Arrogant with everyone around him telling he was perfect.

My old boss was Brett Howland. He was a nice bloke.

thorson1987

Coach
My cousin was good mates with Steve Turner as a kid
I played a decent amount of backyard footy with him

Played in a round robin tourney at club level, with teams all over the state. One of the teams we played had some dude who ran in about 7-8 tries on his own, including at least 4 directly through me... A mate who played in that team with me said that kid was a 10 y/o Hayne Plane... Not sure if that's true but I can believe it, he was absolute f**king untouchable

Refereed him in an U/12 Schoolboy knockout when he went to Leumeah High (he went to Westfields the next year) and he absolutely carved up.

kit66

Bench
Used to play Touch footy with Pat Jarvis and played one proper game against him but luckily I was on the wing and wasn't called on to tackle him.
Also knew Steve Hooker and his family.

nick87

Coach
Refereed him in an U/12 Schoolboy knockout when he went to Leumeah High (he went to Westfields the next year) and he absolutely carved up.

I played centre on the otherside, and he ran riot on my team mate in the first half, the coach decided to switch us up and give me an my winger a crack at trying to stop him and if we got a hand on him between us id be shocked. We didnt stand a chance. He was playing a different game to us.

AuckMel

Bench
Hutch Maiava was in the Mangere East U21 Premiership side I managed a looooooong time ago.

TonyT6

First Grade
Played with: Troy Hodges, Gerome Lane,

Against: Robbie Kearns, Andrew Hick, Aaron Raper, Stu Topper, Andrew Purcell, Julian Troy, Chook Herron, Kurt Landers

Mr Spock!

Referee
Was coached in the juniors for a couple of years by international Noel Cavanagh.

$_12.JPG

Played with Tony Rea (North Sydney hooker).

catweasel

Juniors
Numerous players over the years. John Buttigieg, great bloke but hard as nails on the field. Scott Prince, Scott Donald, Milton Thaiday amongst others. I was only young playing a game against big Johnny

Latest posts