What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Havili

WellsNZ

Juniors
If the Warriors decide to cull yet another coach next year, I nominate sup42 to assume the mantle.

tangalife

Juniors
Sure is.
You want Juniors aiming up , playing their way past someone.
If you're using Juniors as injury cover alone, or when there was an oversight in planning ( no succession ) you're going to go around in circles forever with incomplete players.

A young player, if they see that making first grade is just an exercise in biding your time , the culture of the club is failing.

Kids slotting into to FG having inherited positions are going to have an un balanced appreciation of what it means.....they get a sense of entitlement and are more inclined to believe their own hype.

You want these next generation players to learn the humility of the mantle being passed to them by someone they respect....not by an act of the coaches pen to fill seventeen numbers on a team sheet.

Agree. I was waiting for someone to pipe up and say "But we will loose all our young players" to which my reply would have been, sweet - if they are willing to stay around, grind out and win their position from an experienced player then thats that exact type of player we want in the team, not a player who wants out at the first sign of paitence and hard work.

JRo

Juniors
And he'll continue to be as a Warriors staff member, which I'm certain he'll become. Jerome is a tremendous human being. He's just not a tremendously durable league player.

I feel like Jerome has a lot to offer in terms of a club mentor, almost more than someone like Ruben has been able to impart given he's probably too matey with the players.

Bless you.