What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayden will top score

dice

Juniors
Looking good Moffo. A few more edges for four and he will bring up his double-century.

dice

Juniors
Oh well, maybe next time. Actually I hope there is no next time. Hayden has had enough chances and has clearly shown he has no idea against this English bowling attack.

Doctor

Bench
In his last 26 innings, over the past 12 months, Hayden has averaged 30. He's scored five half-centuries but no centuries. Interestingly, he's made 20 runs or more in 18 of the 26 innings which indicates he's getting a start but just doesn't go on with it.

Some have suggested he isn't watching the ball. Others suggest he doesn't exhibit the same body language anymore. Others say he's finished.

I tend to think he's only an innings or two from a big one. It's been a lean 12 months, make no mistake. But he's still there making some (some) dodgy but worthwhile runs overall, which indicates he's not completely incompetant. I wonder how the selectors will handle it... he's been incredible since 2001, but has seriously struggled in the last year.

I think he has till the end of the series at least.

aussies1st

Staff member
Time for Hayden to be dropped. Like Dizzy he has lost it. It is a sad site when we see bowlers dominating Hayden. We have got so use to Hayden making bowlers scared off him. That aura has gone. Hussey your time has come.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
feel bad for hayden.
i think his hitting it alright, and hes getting starts (more than any other batsman i believe 4 times over 30 out of 6).
thought he tried hard today and thought he was getting back into form till he got out

dice

Juniors
Oswin said:
I tend to think he's only an innings or two from a big one.

No. Martyn has been unlucky with freak deliveries and bad decisions and is close to a big score. Hayden has no fn idea and deserves to be dropped asap.

Oswin said:
In his last 26 innings, over the past 12 months, Hayden has averaged 30. He's scored five half-centuries but no centuries. Interestingly, he's made 20 runs or more in 18 of the 26 innings which indicates he's getting a start but just doesn't go on with it.

Some have suggested he isn't watching the ball. Others suggest he doesn't exhibit the same body language anymore. Others say he's finished.

I tend to think he's only an innings or two from a big one. It's been a lean 12 months, make no mistake. But he's still there making some (some) dodgy but worthwhile runs overall, which indicates he's not completely incompetant. I wonder how the selectors will handle it... he's been incredible since 2001, but has seriously struggled in the last year.

I think he has till the end of the series at least.

He is my fav player but I reckon he is finished.

He Is bloody trying hard but. :(

aussies1st

Staff member
As the commentators said he is not watching the ball. If anything the dropping could get him back to his best or of course it will be the end. Either way we need a solid opening partnership which just hasn't been happening.

PARANoIR

Bench
lol @ dropping Hayden. And who do you wise people suggest we use to replace him?

The only possible solution for this tour is to open with the even more out of form Simon Katich and then bat Brad Hodge at number 6 and hope that he's seeing it well.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Hussy is the obvious choice to replace him, he is an experienced opener

I think they'll stick with Hayden and Langer for Trent Bridge.

But at the end of this series a few things need to be re assessed at the moment.

Hayden at the top of the order ??
Gilchrist as keeper ??
Gillespie I think will be gone for Trent Bridge.
Katich whom I don't mind as a player but has struggled. I think Hodge could nab his spot for Trent Bridge.

fish eel

Immortal
I agree, Katich out Hodge in, though that would depend on Michael Clarke's back.

As for Hayds, his spot is safe for the series and so it should be. you dont discard champions lightly and thats what he is.

Given his woes, he has still scored more runs than Katich and has similar figures to Marto.

Yeah exactly, one good score and everyone will be off his back. He is making the starts and doing the hard work early, he has to focus and convert them.