What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne — Biggest bonehead play in Origin history?

Tom Shines

First Grade
Forget Hodges in the in-goal. Forget Tallis getting himself sent off. Forget Hodgeson's sh*t ball last year.

That was THE singlemost stupid play I have seen in an Origin. Paul Carige would be proud of that.

Give yourself one :fist:

Kornstar

Coach
Yep, sure, it was all Hayne's fault we lost, QLD's first try was an appauling read by Matt King, i wouldn't say it lost us the game.

It is an 80 minute game, there were 7 tries scored in total, Hayne's stuff up cost 1 try, blaming it all on him would be unfair, same as Hodgson last year....

RABK

Referee
Yeh pretty ordinary.... debut won't be remembered for that great try now which is a dreadful shame.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Not only would Nathan Merritt NOT of done that, he would of scored that first one under the sticks and gone the length of the field from the same position where Hayne made that blunder.

Shame NSW selectors, shame.

Tom Shines

First Grade
Kornstar said:
Yep, sure, it was all Hayne's fault we lost, QLD's first try was an appauling read by Matt King, i wouldn't say it lost us the game.

It is an 80 minute game, there were 7 tries scored in total, Hayne's stuff up cost 1 try, blaming it all on him would be unfair, same as Hodgson last year....
Thing is, that first try gave NSW 77 minutes to rectify the situation... a lot harder with 20 to go and Queensland scoring two tries in as many minutes. Somethign about momentum and morale and all that.

DeeGan

Bench
Justin Hodges made the same horror play BUT IN HIS OWN IN-GOAL if you all remember.

As I said in another thread, Hayne will be mentioned more for that pass and not one the best Origin tries we have seen in some time.

stuke

Bench
have you never heard of Phil Duke, watched Hodges fumble in goal TWICE or see Lockyer win the Origin series last year after a horrid attempt at a pass from Hodgson??

yobbo84

Coach
If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times (if you don't believe me check my post history).. Jarryd Hayne, whilst can score a try, is THE worst defensive winger in the NRL. That play along with the selection of a centre in King on the wing cost NSW the game.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Wheelsy said:
Forget Hodges in the in-goal. Forget Tallis getting himself sent off. Forget Hodgeson's sh*t ball last year.

That was THE singlemost stupid play I have seen in an Origin. Paul Carige would be proud of that.

Give yourself one :fist:

:lol: Merrit would have been dragged into touch sooo many times tonight....

I guess you missed Hodgsons pass to lockyer last year?

Y2Eel

First Grade
yobbo84 said:
If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times (if you don't believe me check my post history).. Jarryd Hayne, whilst can score a try, is THE worst defensive winger in the NRL. That play along with the selection of a centre in King on the wing cost NSW the game.

f**k Knuckle how many tries did hayne let in tonight due to his Defence?:roll:

God-King Dean

Immortal
I knew Souths fans would drool over that moment.

But you wanna know what really p*sses me off ? The 2 New South Welshman who threw stupid passes to f*ck their team up, are both from Campbelltown. Make my city look bad :fist:

Tom Shines

First Grade
Y2Eel said:
:lol: Merrit would have been dragged into touch sooo many times tonight....

I guess you missed Hodgsons pass to lockyer last year?
Good on ya dickhead, when did I bring Merritt into the equation? Just because I'm a Souths fan, doesn't mean I automatically want him in the side.
And no, I didn't miss Hodgson's pass last year — I namechecked it at the beginning of the thread. It was an innocuous pass gone wrong. Hayne's was a Harlem Globetrotters effort that had no chance of coming off.

:fist:

the_eel

Juniors
yobbo84 said:

Haha. You are kidding champion. Thats the biggest load of sh*t i've nearly ever heard.

Latest posts