What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne — Biggest bonehead play in Origin history?

Y2Eel

First Grade
Wheelsy said:
Good on ya dickhead, when did I bring Merritt into the equation? Just because I'm a Souths fan, doesn't mean I automatically want him in the side.
And no, I didn't miss Hodgson's pass last year — I namechecked it at the beginning of the thread. It was an innocuous pass gone wrong. Hayne's was a Harlem Globetrotters effort that had no chance of coming off.

:fist:

OI ASS CLOWN no need for name calling lol

I used Merrit as there was another souths fan going on about Merrit in this thread..

And when you have 6 QLDers cherging down on you and you think your about to be put into touch whats the first thing you would do? :roll:

yobbo84

Coach
Immortal said:
Had nothing to do with his defence, had to do with a brain snap you biased idiot.

Was he or was he not defending a kick? Defense is more than tackling.

kay

Juniors
i feel sorry for hayne. in his defence, he probably thought it would be a 40/20 and in his attempt to save it was going to go out with the ball anyway. but by no means was that the biggest bonehead play in origin. it was kind of similar to a play by tahu in last years anzac test which came off in the first half when he attempted it and he was praised and then in the second half when he tried it again, it led to a kiwi try. sometimes it comes off, sometimes it doesn't. not a smart play but if it was an actual 40/20 attempt and the save comes off then Hayne is praised. unluckily for him, it wasn't and it didn't.

Tom Shines

First Grade
Y2Eel said:

I used Merrit as there was another souths fan going on about Merrit in this thread..

And when you have 6 QLDers cherging down on you and you think your about to be put into touch whats the first thing you would do? :roll:
Let the ball go into touch first?

yobbo84

Coach
Y2Eel said:

Ummm... take the tackle?

Jono078

Referee
You cant blame him, he was quite bloody good besides for that.

Second youngest player to play Origin for NSW, well done to him.

We don't really have anyone else IMO.

stuke

Bench
he bounced back from it well...kept involved in the game and made a half-break after it. there are plenty of other things from the NSW display to complain about other than one brain snap - but obviously 'wheelsy' has a motive behind it.

Y2Eel

First Grade
stuke said:
he bounced back from it well...kept involved in the game and made a half-break after it. there are plenty of other things from the NSW display to complain about other than one brain snap - but obviously 'wheelsy' has a motive behind it.

Only South fans:lol:

lucablight

First Grade
Not even close. I'm not saying this just because I'm an Eels fan but I can understand why he did it. He could have been dragged over the sideline if he hadn't passed the ball. The idea was right but the execution wasn't. It's easy for people to make these surly remarks with 20/20 hindsight.

Tom Shines

First Grade
lucablight said:
Not even close. I'm not saying this just because I'm an Eels fan but I can understand why he did it. He could have been dragged over the sideline if he hadn't passed the ball. The idea was right but the execution wasn't. It's easy for people to make these surly remarks with 20/20 hindsight.
So?
Scrum = 0 points, possible 6.
Miracle ball = 6 points.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Wheelsy said:
Yeah, a Souths fan who believes there are better options out there than Hayne. That's my motive.
And obviously, as a Parra fan, you want your bum-chum still in the team, despite of how sh*t he played. This isn't an anti Parra thread — I would have much rather player Grothe or Tahu in the side. It's an anti f**k-up thread. And boy did Hayne f**k up.

ONLY SOUF fans think he played crap :lol:

Your Soooooooooooooooooo not funny

2 tries down Kings side No threads from Souths fans to dump him yet...

No threads about Hayne being picked before tonght even though there are better options out there...:roll:

God-King Dean

Immortal
Wheelsy said:
This isn't an anti Parra thread — I would have much rather player Grothe or Tahu in the side. It's an anti f**k-up thread.

No. It's a pro-Rabbitoh thread.

It's just funny in general discassion about the game Souths fans don't have all that much to say... but when it's in regards to Hayne (a player who Rabbit fans abolsutly gave it to & thought it was a joke he made the City team before their precious Merritt) it's all hell fire & brimstone, & not willing the guy another chance.

Don't patronise us & tell us this has nothing to do with Merritt.

stuke

Bench
Wheelsy said:
Yeah, a Souths fan who believes there are better options out there than Hayne. That's my motive.
And obviously, as a Parra fan, you want your bum-chum still in the team, despite of how sh*t he played. This isn't an anti Parra thread — I would have much rather player Grothe or Tahu in the side. It's an anti f**k-up thread. And boy did Hayne f**k up.

if he played so sh*t what else did he do wrong?

he had one brain explosion, scored one miraculous try and was very solid in defence and attack.

you and one other Souths fan seem to be the only ones in here calling for his head - everyone else can see past the one mistake he made all night to realise he made quite a good debut.

stuke

Bench
and you would much rather played Tahu - a player who has been out injured for the last three weeks??????

Latest posts