What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

IFR33K

Coach
At the end of the day, does anyone else believe Hayne got all his coaches sacked? That's a fcking huge accusation to make.

phantom eel

First Grade
Do you think he got Henry sacked, Ifreek? It seems pretty clear he did....

Do you think managing him was easy for his other coaches, or the source of grey hairs - and a contributing factor to performance/other factors that can lead to sackings.

IFR33K

Coach
Do you think he got Henry sacked, Ifreek? It seems pretty clear he did....

Do you think managing him was easy for his other coaches, or the source of grey hairs - and a contributing factor to performance/other factors that can lead to sackings.

Mate, it's been well documented Henry had issues with other players. Not just Hayne. He also had issues with JT at the cowboys. Maybe he's a bad man manager. Idk

hineyrulz

Post Whore
With Hindy and Hayne, I reckon it comes down to training.

Hindy and his team mates are putting 110%, getting flogged during the offseason, while Hayne was just f**king around half the time getting the "royal" treatment from the coaching staff, running scared to pull him into line!!
Blame Hagan, he left all the discipline up to the senior playing group. The younger blokes resented it
and that put a wedge in the playing group that never really healed.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Blame Hagan, he left all the discipline up to the senior playing group. The younger blokes resented it
and that put a wedge in the playing group that never really healed.

Interestingly 3 players with massive potential that pretty much started their NRL career under Hagan, have never reached their full potential and are seen as being lazy ..,. Hayne (first full year), Inu and Mateo !!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Someone like Hayne and his overwhelming apathy towards the game and his team is a complete anathema to somone like Hindmarsh who had to bust his arse every day on the training paddock to get the opportunity to play NRL and stay there.... I imagine there were plenty of other youngsters growing up down Robertson way who had just as much talent as Hindmarsh but not the work ethic and that's what set him apart and got him his shot.

Hayne on the other hand - he was just blessed with a unique genetic make up, coupled with a decent footy brain, not great just decent, which saw everything he ever tried on the footy field come easy. So when someone like Hindmarsh, who dotted every i and crossed every T in everything he did, sees someone like Hayne buggering off to the toilets and bludging for 5-10 minutes every session, I can only imagine the frustration he would have felt - especially if Hayne was indifferent on the field the next game they ran out for.

I think it has taken a lot for Hindmarsh to hold back on his opinions about Hayne over the years, but given what has gone down over the last 12 months, and especially the fact that Hayne ended up playing for a club other than Parra, it hasn't taken all that much prodding from Johns or Fletch or whoever now to get Hindmarsh to spill his guts and let his feelings known now....
Yep.

Also, given he is a member of the media he is expected to comment on all players without fear or favour, including the ones he has previously played with.

To do otherwise would be pissweak.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
At the end of the day, does anyone else believe Hayne got all his coaches sacked? That's a fcking huge accusation to make.
They failed to get the best out of him. He failed to deliver his best.

He may not have been campaigning for all of his coaches' heads (though I suspect he was with Henry). However, Hayne's non-performance would have undoubtedly been a factor in each coach being moved on.

IFR33K

Coach
They failed to get the best out of him. He failed to deliver his best.

He may not have been campaigning for all of his coaches' heads (though I suspect he was with Henry). However, Hayne's non-performance would have undoubtedly been a factor in each coach being moved on.

How about team results? It's not like the titans are setting the world on fire. You think SK is worthy of another stint at the Hayneless eels?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Anyhow, Hindy was a freak. Think some forget how f**ken good he was!!

We basically couldn't win without him from 2000 to 2007.

He was rated close to the games best forward during that period.

Additionally yes Hayne was brilliant during that 2009 period but a lot of it came off Hindy's offloads (and some others). He played a massive part in that run!!

He is an eels great!! One of our best!!

I actually rated him as a greater eel then Hayne !!

He has definitely earned the right to comment on Hayne !!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Someone like Hayne and his overwhelming apathy towards the game and his team is a complete anathema to somone like Hindmarsh who had to bust his arse every day on the training paddock to get the opportunity to play NRL and stay there.... I imagine there were plenty of other youngsters growing up down Robertson way who had just as much talent as Hindmarsh but not the work ethic and that's what set him apart and got him his shot.

Hayne on the other hand - he was just blessed with a unique genetic make up, coupled with a decent footy brain, not great just decent, which saw everything he ever tried on the footy field come easy. So when someone like Hindmarsh, who dotted every i and crossed every T in everything he did, sees someone like Hayne buggering off to the toilets and bludging for 5-10 minutes every session, I can only imagine the frustration he would have felt - especially if Hayne was indifferent on the field the next game they ran out for.

I think it has taken a lot for Hindmarsh to hold back on his opinions about Hayne over the years, but given what has gone down over the last 12 months, and especially the fact that Hayne ended up playing for a club other than Parra, it hasn't taken all that much prodding from Johns or Fletch or whoever now to get Hindmarsh to spill his guts and let his feelings known now....
While I agree Hayne was always far more talented than Hindmarsh, it's wrong to say he only got into the NRL because of hard work. Hindmarsh was the best forward in the world for a couple of years either side of 2005. He had plenty of natural talent.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's not that he 'got them sacked', it's that he was a massive contributor to teams being uncompetitive. Part of it was poor return on his huge salary, part was his negative influence on group dynamics.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Mate, it's been well documented Henry had issues with other players. Not just Hayne. He also had issues with JT at the cowboys. Maybe he's a bad man manager. Idk
Seems to be a coach much like Brian Smith, who I consider to be the smartest coach in the history of the game, and possibly one of the worst man managers.

Latest posts