What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

strider

Post Whore
I don’t know how the Jury could have found him guilty beyond reasonable doubt. I don’t condone sexual assault my argument is it’s his word vs hers. Same with Debelin. Who do you believe ?

I do agree however that Hayne is stupid for even putting himself in that position. And maybe for that he’s learning a very harsh lesson.
So then no one should be guilty of anything unless there is video footage?

crocodile

Bench
Think this bit of evidence was one of they key bits.

'She recorded a short video, showing the blood covering her bed, doona and pillows, which she sent to a friend.

The video, which was played to the jury, shows blood at the head of the bed, which backed up the woman’s account that she began inching up the bed when he began performing the sexual acts on her.'
Jarryd Hayne guilty: Bloody video that helped convict NRL star (news.com.au)
That doesn't prove that she didn't consent.

Angry_eel

First Grade
I don’t know how the Jury could have found him guilty beyond reasonable doubt. I don’t condone sexual assault my argument is it’s his word vs hers. Same with Debelin. Who do you believe ?

I do agree however that Hayne is stupid for even putting himself in that position. And maybe for that he’s learning a very harsh lesson.
These public trials are a mess. However, most sexual assaults are word of 1 versus another from time immemorial. If you think it's bad now, imagine in more conservative days without cameras when a woman was raped. There's no proof and most women would hide the rape to protect their reputation.

I was once called up for jury duty where a elder member of the family raped a child. Thankfully I was excused, it would have scarred me for life.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Yeah, I don't get that bit either. Surely it can't be beyond reasonable doubt. Anyway, I didn't hear the testimonies. Ultimately, Pell was acquitted unanimously by the high court on similar grounds. The appeal, if granted, will be interesting.

Which is exactly why you can’t state your second sentence with any accuracy.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
I don't have to hear them. It remains he said she said regardless.

You’d be amazed what people say whilst being questioned in the dock, and that’s not taking into account things like phone taps, witness accounts, medical evidence etc etc. Are you essentially saying you don’t understand how any case without a lay (or direct) witness can come to a guilty verdict?

Last edited:
So then no one should be guilty of anything unless there is video footage?

No and I Didn’t say that. In all fairness though Is he guilty beyond reasonable doubt though? Can you answer that with all the evidence that was presented ? I don’t know how the jury could have come to that conclusion. The first jury was disbanded because they could not reach a unanimous verdict. I will be surprised if he does not win on appeal. Its he said she said.