What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne scores two tries in PMX111

HayneHindi

Juniors
Just saw on the nine website that Hayne scored twice for the PMX111 in their 28 to 8 win over Papua New Guinea. I think Price, Stewart also scored. I hope he has impressed the selectors enough to play for the Australia in the forthcoming tri series.

Bazal

Post Whore
Really? Well done there young Jarryd...hopefully this catapults him into the Tri-Nations squad, I know Sticky has a rap on him too...

PM's league team downs PNG 28-8

* Email
* Print
* Normal font
* Large font

September 30, 2006 - 5:35PM

AdvertisementAdvertisement

Australia's Prime Minister's XIII was mobbed by hundreds of PNG fans after beating Papua New Guinea's Kumuls 28-8 in a hard fought rugby league match in Port Moresby.
Young fans invaded the pitch to grab and congratulate their Aussie NRL heroes before police and security officers chased them off with batons.
Earlier, police fired warning shots to disperse a large crowd, some of whom were trying to break into the ground through fences.
No one was seriously hurt in the melee.
After an early run away try by Kumuls lock Tom O'Reilly the Australian side pegged 20 points including two tries by rookie of the year Jarryd Hayne and one by Test and Queensland prop Steve Price.
Into the second half O'Reilly followed up with another try for the Kumuls after taking the ball near the line from a kick.
But Australia resumed control with further tries by Nathan Merritt and Brett Stewart.
Coach Mal Meninga said his side made mistakes but came through against a much improved Kumuls side.
© 2006 AAP

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/PMs...337382565.html

PM'S XIII DEFEAT PNG IN FRONT OF PORT MORESBY SELL-OUT
Saturday 30 Sep 2006 18:40
by Matthew O'Neill

The Australian Prime Minister's XIII have defeated Papua New Guinea 28-8 in front of an over-flowing crowd at Port Moresby today.

Police had to fire warning shots to disperse a large portion of people who were trying to break into the ground through the fences with the crowd already jammed pack inside.

PNG got off to a great start when lock Tom O'Reilly scored an early runaway try to lead 4-0.

The PM's XIII struck back with 20 unanswered points with two tries to rookie sensation Jarryd Hayne and one to veteran front-rower Steve Price.

O'Reilly scored his second try but the PM's XIII ended proceedings with tries to Nathan Merritt and Brett Stewart.

Hayne scoring two tries could well see the teenager fast tracked into the Tri Nations squad of 23 to be announced on Monday.

Former Australian captain and Rugby League legend Mal Meninga who coached the PM's XIII said that whilst his side make plenty of mistakes, he praised PNG for their improvement and effort.

After the great game last night between Samoa v Fiji at Campbelltown and today's effort today by Papua New Guinea - the future of the International game is on the rise.

More reports if available to follow. Keep an eye on Web Latest for reports coming through various wire service

Redback71

First Grade
so it was pretty close then compared to years gone byr to bad no won televises the game

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
Hayne just keeps on getting tested, and he keeps coming up on top!!

He has impressed me so much this year i hope he continues to build next year :clap:

a1.jpg

Hellsy

Immortal
Well done Jarryd!

Kind of almost expected that he would score at least one try though :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Latest posts