What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne walking out on Titans.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
The way I see it there are 4 types of 3rd parties;

Nrl marketing pay (2018- ) - can be controlled

Club payments- needs a cap

Personal payments due to rugby league- unlimited but Nrl needs to be made aware of companies and work required.

Personal payments outside of RL - Unilimited and no need to record details.

Stat dec from each player in the Nrl every year to confirm details are correct.
Anything untoward found players/agents are severely fined

GongPanther

Referee
Well, in so much as he chooses clubs that are in the peak of their premiership window.

Maloney does not bring success he weasels in on success.

Are you comparing Maloney,a two time premiership winner with (How many titles?) Hayne? And Maloney,if you care you look up,was push out of the Sharks because they wanted to go in a different direction,and the player swap is what eventuated...Hence below:

"Maloney admits his original desire was to remain at the Sharks with an increased offer, but the club had different plans.

The Australian five-eighth insists he has no bad blood with the club and understands their decision to pursue Moylan.

"Originally my first intention was to try and stay, and upgrade and extend," Maloney said.

"They didn't know what they wanted to do in terms of extending me at that point. I was fine with that. The way it played out, the club thought it was a good deal for them to get Matty over and Penrith are happy that I'm going there.

"I never left any hard feelings. I had success there. I wish them all the best. I loved my time there. We had a pretty special year in 2016 that I'll forever stay in contact with the boys."

http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2017/12/04/maloney_reunited_wit.html

AJB1102

First Grade
Are you comparing Maloney,a two time premiership winner with (How many titles?) Hayne? And Maloney,if you care you look up,was push out of the Sharks because they wanted to go in a different direction,and the player swap is what eventuated...Hence below:

"Maloney admits his original desire was to remain at the Sharks with an increased offer, but the club had different plans.

The Australian five-eighth insists he has no bad blood with the club and understands their decision to pursue Moylan.

"Originally my first intention was to try and stay, and upgrade and extend," Maloney said.

"They didn't know what they wanted to do in terms of extending me at that point. I was fine with that. The way it played out, the club thought it was a good deal for them to get Matty over and Penrith are happy that I'm going there.

"I never left any hard feelings. I had success there. I wish them all the best. I loved my time there. We had a pretty special year in 2016 that I'll forever stay in contact with the boys."

http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2017/12/04/maloney_reunited_wit.html

Cronulla signed Moylan while Maloney was still under contract with them, so it wasn't a case of Moylan or Maloney; they could afford both and still chase Pearce. Now they've missed Pearce an extra $150-200K and they'd have Maloney too for a few more years on top of his contracted 2018 but he's obviously outstayed his welcome.

If anyone was silly enough to ever believe TPAs were sorted at arms length from the club then Jimmy flapping his jaws about 'Penrith sorting out his TPA' should clear that up. Fair enough if he's just a run of the mill player slipping up but this bloke is has some sort of standing within the RLPA and he's making f**kups like that? ... then the NRL don't care. Its hard to take this shit seriously.

GongPanther

Referee
Cronulla signed Moylan while Maloney was still under contract with them, so it wasn't a case of Moylan or Maloney; they could afford both and still chase Pearce. Now they've missed Pearce an extra $150-200K and they'd have Maloney too for a few more years on top of his contracted 2018 but he's obviously outstayed his welcome.

If anyone was silly enough to ever believe TPAs were sorted at arms length from the club then Jimmy flapping his jaws about 'Penrith sorting out his TPA' should clear that up. Fair enough if he's just a run of the mill player slipping up but this bloke is has some sort of standing within the RLPA and he's making f**kups like that? ... then the NRL don't care. Its hard to take this shit seriously.
Don't you think Cronulla were sweating on Maloney leaving? I'm led to believe that it was Maloney who wanted the upgrade,so in essence,the Sharks could not keep him for the price he was asking.

Anyways,all good for both parties concerned.At least both our clubs can move on. :)