What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne's Ball

Strangenuts

Juniors
I've been meaning to bring this up and someone may have already discussed it in the Grand Final aftermath but I have not seen it if they had.
I would like people's opinions please.
In the Grand final where Inglis went through and took the bomb uncontested thus scoring, shouldn't that have been Hayne's ball.
Don't get me wrong, I love Jaz as much as anyone (except one or two), and I think he is the best No 1 going around, but shouldn't the fullback be there to defuse the bomb. Was he involved in the previous play and out of position, didn't think so. I know Ben Smith was on playing centre and it was kicked to his area, had Reddy been on I'm sure it would of been a regulation take.
But as possibly the best fullback in the game I think maybe he should have been there. I'm sure he still has a lot to learn and his game can improve even more.
Sorry if this has all ready been discussed but I would value people's thoughts on the matter.

woddy

Juniors
:lol:YES he's been knighted after the Queen had a private ball at buckinham palace and he will play english rugby

Ron Jeremy

Coach
everything is Haynes fault - hagans coaching, GFG, same sex marriges, Area 51 alien captivity, Kay Cottee, Peter - Russell - Clark..... it's all Haynes fault

John Kolc

Juniors
I have mates that were at that part of the ground and say Hayne kept calling Grothe to watch for the kick a couple of plays before and he did nothing. Eric had a great game but should have followed his fullbacks call and challenged the kick.

Hallatia

Referee
I dislike Eric Grothe Junior, so I am happy to blame him for anything which goes wrong with Parra

bartman

Immortal
Sorry if this has all ready been discussed but I would value people's thoughts on the matter.
From the ground I thought it was Hayne's ball to take, or call for or instruct his other backs as to what was going on. Haven't re-watched the game on TV though to verify whether my first opinion would remain solid.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I think you can't pinpoint the blame on any one player, it was just one of these freak situations that just couldn't be helped, Hayne, Guru, ben and Joey G should of made a genuine play for it but what's been overlooked here is that Reddy was off the field at the time and he would of had that kick for breakfast.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I think you can't pinpoint the blame on any one player, it was just one of these freak situations that just couldn't be helped, Hayne, Guru, ben and Joey G should of made a genuine play for it but what's been overlooked here is that Reddy was off the field at the time and he would of had that kick for breakfast.
100% spot on, Mr Cool would of fielded that kick easily, to bad he ran into Funch's teeth just before :roll:

jono

Juniors
Thought this may have been a thread to announce a dinner-dance in order to raise funds to retain Jarryd .
Sort of like , the optometrists hold the "eye" ball

Strangenuts

Juniors
Thanks for the replies guys, I just miss all the footy talk and was trying to get some happening. It wasn't our day that day. Next year it will be our turn.

Hallatia

Referee
That`s a big call, Hallatia; any specific reason for it? Any gossip?
ever since the kangaroo thing a couple of years ago he has shown that he is a real tool. I really don't like him because he was a dickhead to me personally in the last off season, I was offended not because of how he spoke to me, but because he had the audacity to speak that way to an 18 year old girl who happened to be an Eels supporter, because that is all he really knew about me