What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Head or Teo?

Who should we retain most?

• Total voters

Callan Pk

Juniors
Who is the more important next signing for the Tigers?
Matt Head.

Ben Teo.

I'd have to say Head, good halfs are rare, very rare, and Head is good, very good.
While Teo too is good, a backrower is easier to come across.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree, Head is definitely more important.

It seems any backrower who plays first grade before he turns 25 is tagged "Potential superstar"

We have Heighington, Ellis, Fulton, Halatau, Payne, Galea, Harrison all capable of filling the back row next year. Te'o, while still being a good talent, won't be that sorely missed.

Mish

Juniors
Head, we need him more atm. I know Te'o would be very handy to have over the next few years if he develops as well as we expect, but we have guys to cover that position.

I think suppy and demand have to be considered. We need Head and haven't got any choices ahead of him. Whereas Te'o isn't as vital and we do have choices to fill in for him. Having said that, I'd like to keep them both.

Big Mick

Referee
As far as I can see you just need to look at potential teams with and without these players.

Team if you Re-sign Matthew Head:

1. Benji Marshall, 2. Peni Tagive, 3. Dean Collis, 4. Chris Lawrence, 5. Shannon McDonnell, 6. Tim Moltzon, 7. Matthew Head, 8. Todd Payton, 9. Robbie Farah, 10. Bryce Gibbs, 11. Gareth Ellis, 12. Chris Heighnington, 13. Liam Fulton
RES: 14. Keith Galloway, 15. Bronson Harrison, 16. Dene Halatau, 17. Taniella Tuaiki

Team if you re-sign Ben Te'o

1. Shannon McDonnell, 2. Peni Tagive, 3. Dean Collis, 4. Chris Lawrence, 5. Taniella Tuaiki, 6. Benji Marshall, 7. John Morris (You know it'll happen), 8. Todd Payton, 9. Robbie Farah, 10. Bryce Gibbs, 11. Gareth Ellis, 12. Chris Heighnington, 13. Liam Fulton
RES: 14. Keith Galloway, 15. Bronson Harrison, 16. Ben Te'o, 17. Dene Halatau

While the pack looks a lot better in the second team...you still have Morris at half. IMO if Tim Moltzon was half it'd be better...but still.

IMO Matt Head must be re-signed.

Team with Head but not Te'o
1. Hanbury
2. Ryan
3. Collis
4. Lawrence
5. Tuiaki
6. Marshall
7. Head
8. Payten
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Hino
12. Ellis
13. Fulton

14. Gibbs
15. Tandy
16. Harrison
17. Halatau

team with Te'o but not Head
1. Hanbury
2. Ryan
3. Collis
4. Lawrence
5. Tuiaki
6. Marshall
7. Morris (again, inevitable)
8. Payten
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Ellis
12. Hino
13. Fulton

14. Te'o
15. Halatau
16. Gibbs
17. Harrison

I much prefer option a.

14. Te'o

hybrid_tiger

Coach
YES. Lawrence IMO would make a great fullback. But Sheens doesn't want a bar of it, I don't think.

As for Head/Te'o - both. We should not have to resort to picking one or the other. Maybe we would sign both if we didn't sign spastics like Payne.

I would love to see this team in 09:

1. Lawrence
2. Tuiaki
3. Collis
4. Ryan
5. Tagive
6. Marshall
7. Head
13. Fulton
12. Heighington
11. Ellis
10. Galloway
9. Farah (c)
8. Payten

14. Halatau
15. Harrison
16. Te'o
17. Gibbs

Trollhammaren

Juniors
It just has to be Head at the moment. As mentioned above, there aren't an abundance of quality halfbacks running around, let alone, on the market at this point; and we have one in our squad getting better every week. I think Head is coming along nicely. Whilst Te'o is playing okay, halfback is a more important position and we have to sort that out...

We must avoid having Morris in the #7 next year at all costs.

matty-ducati

Juniors

Na because i dont want to pick one or the other, i want both im a greedy prick, head has steered our team around the park, teo is our top try scorer , head only has a few years at best left in the legs, teo has a lifetime. Too hard to decide imo

Te'o.

Brisbane won a comp with Shane Perry at halfback and by analogy, I'm sure Johnny Morris can steer us to success.

;-)

Bench
Te'o.

Brisbane won a comp with Shane Perry at halfback and by analogy, I'm sure Johnny Morris can steer us to success.

;-)
No he can't,and boy Sheens has given him ample opportunities,sign,Head,then Teo and sell some of the surplus.

super_coach

First Grade
Heads a big gamble with his injury background also his days as a running half are behind him but he does have a great footy brain and with Hogo going we need an old Headn out their. But lets sell off a couple of not so goods and sign both

Alehana

Juniors
team with Te'o but not Head
1. Hanbury
2. Ryan
3. Collis
4. Lawrence
5. Tuiaki
6. Marshall
7. Morris (again, inevitable)
8. Payten
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Ellis
12. Hino
13. Fulton

14. Te'o
15. Halatau
16. Gibbs
17. Harrison

what about farah to 7? heard NSW selectors were considering putting him there, with halatau going to hooker.

i'd rather retain head, good halves= rare., benji and head, remindes of prince and head.

Latest posts