What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heads MUST Roll!!!!!!!!!!

IanG

Coach
As the title says. Heads MUST Roll!!!

The current selectors MUST Go!!!!

I say bring back Tommy and let him do a Viv Richards when it came time to choose the team for the Stanford All Stars and let him pick the team.

Mr Saab

Referee
NSW need a Tommy and Gus combo!
Seriously they need Gus back for 2010...its their only hope. QLD brought back Bennett in 2001 after the 2000 debacle....so NSW need to go back to the future.

Knightmare

Coach
Well hey, Fatty coached an Origin team and won a series out of it. Mind you, in his second year coaching them, with a better side than the previous year, Qld lost 3-0.

Tommy's record is 2-1 (1997) and 1-2 (1998).

maccattack

Juniors
Tommy said publicly prior to the series that he would love to do it.

politics probably kept him out and politics lost the series. So the selectors MUST go.

Gallen and Williams should pay money to grass roots football as an apology and never ever breath the word Blue again.

Get Tommy in as a water runner and motivator. Let it be his discretion who stays and who goes.

mattyg

Bench
get Gus back and a whole new crew of selectors. The current mob have had 4 years and QLD aren't THAT good. We simply have never selected the right team, especially this year

Knightmare

Coach
Between 2006 and now, this years' Qld side is the best one so far. 2006-08 were close series losses, where a different bounce of the ball or a different refereeing decision could have seen the Blues win it.

mattyg

Bench
either that or this is the worst NSW side. You need some origin experience in your squad and NSW had none!! We just needed a few seasoned origin players like maybe Hindmarsh and Kimmorley

ozjet1

Fulton, Daley, McCarthy, and the other merkin are seriously killing origin.

they've no clue how to pick a team. they've got no faith in their judgement at all..........Mullen, Pierce, Wallace.........which one is it? Next will be Soward. and the forwards and wingers they continually pick are a rabble too.

Qlders picked a team that got beat in '05 and stuck with most of the players from that series. their judgement of players coming good was spot on.

these has-beens need to f**k off. just because they were good players doesnt mean they're a good judge of talent.

Knightmare

Coach
In all fairness, remember the halfback drought Qld had between Langer and Prince. It may take a little while to find the next Joey.

TD09

Juniors
If I were a NSW fan I would not want Tommy anywhere near the coaching position to be honest. He has not managed to move on from the 80s attitude of go out and biff/cattledog, whatever you want to call it. The games arent played like this anymore and as much as Tommy would want this, its not going to happen, these guys cant afford to do that anymore.

IanG

Coach
If I were a NSW fan I would not want Tommy anywhere near the coaching position to be honest. He has not managed to move on from the 80s attitude of go out and biff/cattledog, whatever you want to call it. The games arent played like this anymore and as much as Tommy would want this, its not going to happen, these guys cant afford to do that anymore.

Yeah well I think that toughness needs to be brought back. Enough of this role model sanitied sh*t.

TD09

Juniors
Yeah well I think that toughness needs to be brought back. Enough of this role model sanitied sh*t.

Oh I agree that toughness is definately needed. But I think what Tommy will want of his players is out-dated and will just get his side penalised out of the game. The refs/admin/fans dont accept that type of play anymore and it would hurt NSW to take that gameplan into the game. Just my opinion though

Loudstrat

Coach
Tommy. FFS. Great player - been nothing but a running joke ever since, someone they trot out when they want to laugh at the old days of thuggery.

Let him get a first grade gig again before he's considered.

IanG

Coach
I beg to differ when you say fans don't accept it. It's the wankers in admin that are behind the sanitation in my view and the refs are acting under instruction.