What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heads MUST roll

SirShire

First Grade
Yeah, but when we do lose (esp. from annoying things like top order collapses), it does come as an annoying shock.

El Diablo

Post Whore
We can't win em all and strange as it sounds but it's good to lose one every now and then. As long as it's not the finals :lol:

SirShire

First Grade
So true!

But I must say, if India has beaten us tonight (if we had about 100 less runs and they managed to reach that total), it would have made for a real nailbiting 3rd match, especially if it was a convincing win on their part.

But, they didnt! :p

Macca

Coach
No they didn't and I think you should admit now that it was lucky that heads didn't roll. It is good that cooler heads prevailed even. Can you admit that you over reacted Salmon, and that Lee and Martyn performed well enough to warrant their continued selection. I would say they performed well ahead of that.

SirShire

First Grade
Lee, well enough to continue his selection, I am still unsure of Martyn. 1/2 a century doesnt prove he is really all the way back form that slump. BIG scores are needed.

Doctor

Bench
Over-reaction: "A term used to describe the mass-hysteria that follows cricket matches Australia lose. The term is also used appropriately to describe opinions about various players who fail to produce the expected outstanding results in accordance with Australia's usual dominance. Such players are often criticised heavily for not having the talent and/or the cricketing ability to remain a viable force in the team"

Post-match turnaround: "The term is used by some to describe the change of opinion manifest in people's views on players and/or the whole Australian team following a series victory (see Over-reaction). Such turnarounds are with the benefit of hindsight, but are turnarounds because of a lack of foresight in the first place - the result of whimsical opinion fluctuations when a player or the Australian team have a bad day or indeed a succession of bad games thereby suddenly being allegedly sapped of their powers. It is not normal for the chief exhibitor of a 'post-match turnaround' to admit this is the case or indeed admit they also exhibited symptoms of an over-reaction. Cases of Post-match turnarounds are common.