What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heath Streak - cricket's most under-rated player

Craig

Juniors
Certainly is IMO.

He doesnt get the credit and reconnation and should get some kind of award from the ICC.

He is 95% of the Zimbabwean line-up, has to do the batting and captaining the side.

He would IMO make just about all currant word XI's and most Test and ODI line-ups. He is the sort of person would want in the team.

knights04

Bench
IMO Best Zimbabwe bowler and all-rounder of all time. I agree he captains, bowls and has to resurrect his teams innings and make the totals less embarrassing all the time. If Streak were to leave Zim, they would be even worse. He is currently the most economic Zim bowler and has the most runs in the VB series for Zim.

Anonymous

Juniors
I don't know about CRICKETS most under-rated but he is definatly better than led on.

He recently scored a test century, usually contribute 50% + to the Zims score and opens the bowling.

Johns Magic

Referee
Streak is talented, passionate and a fighter who'll always have a go.
he is a very likeable person and a great ambassador for Zimbabwe

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
how the hell is streak under-rated?

he is a very good player and doesnt go un noticed so how is he under-rated?

Anonymous

Juniors
Of course he goes un-noticed. He plays for a team that is always struggling and copping criticism constantly. Nobody wants to tour their country and when was the last time you heard someone praise Streak?

Even the other day when he top scored for them (Against India) all Fat Taylor could say was well batted Sean Ervine.

Anonymous

Juniors
I actually don't think he is that underrated. He is easily the most well-known player in the Zimbabwe team. If he was an Australian he would just be one of many good players (that's if he could actually make the team- my suspicion is he would be preferred to Symonds/Harvey for the all-rounders spot) and wouldn't get focused on much at all.

aqua_duck

Coach
He is a world class bowler IMO and would be the only Zimbot capable of making the Aussie team, he bowls well, bats well, fields well and is a courageous leader.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He has not got much to compete with in that team, they can make him look good by being so bad.

He is very dertmined tho.

choc_soldier

Coach
Streak IS Zimbabwe at the moment, being captain, opening bowler, and a middle order batsman that always comes out with the score at 5-50.

To be fair, the Zimbabweans have lost a number of good players in the last few years (Neil Johnson, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower), all of whom would greatly bolster their team, and make them a lot more competitve. They have left for a variety of reasons, the main one being that Zimbabwe is not exactly a peaceful country at the moment.

They do have a few promising youngsters coming through, and if they can properly nurture them (and more importantly keep them), they can only get better.

Getting back to Heath Streak, I think he would be good enough to be in the Australian team, and would be a welcome addition to any World XI team.

I am not too sure whether he is under-rated though... he seems to get recognition for his efforts with Zimbabwe.

I would say that Sean Ervine is an under-rated player.

Craig

Juniors
You can blame mugabe.

He is the reason why all their decent cricketers like Campbell, A.Flower, Whittle, Olonga, Johnson, Murphy, Goodwin etc.

Hazy

Juniors
I am in no way saying Streak is not good, but is it rather that he is OK and the rest of the team is just above terrible?

Zimbabwe has a good tradition of fantastic cricketers... Andy Flower was rated the worlds best batsman only a few years ago.

Streak does carry the team atm, but you cannot question their commitment

stormboy

Juniors
Zimbabwe's true asset ... Streak hits his straps especiallly when the team is down - his experience in this youthful team is undervalued but much needed and if only other more experienced players like that f**khead Flower actually started pulling their weight in the top order the Zims might not be so Dim anymore

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
S2H said:
Streak would walk into my worldXI.

Not in mine.

He's not one of the best 11 in the world at the moment.

He looks good in that team, because everyone else is so bad.