What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello Forum

Seems that there are some people with an axe to grind against some members of the Jets management for what ever reason.
However, personally it's a bit of a cowards way to do it on a public forum hiding behind user names, if you've got a real issue with who is running the club why not address it with them in person, or through the correct channels?

Are you really that naïve to believe that ALL the people on your list were shafted by the Jets and didn't leave by their own accord?

brendothejet

First Grade
Ball Licker, welcome to the Jets.

Mr_Smith you are an interesting little character. here to stir it up.

I like.

TCJ i thought you'd died.

Well I hoped anyway.

Mr_Smith

Juniors
Mr_Smith said:
add to the list

Phil Sigsworth - all shafted
If I am not mistaken, Phil was the last Newtown player to represent Australia from the club,, now that would be a very sad day in the history of Newtown that a player of such stature would be treated like that.

Mr_Smith

Juniors
Henson Park Hornets said:
Seems that there are some people with an axe to grind against some members of the Jets management for what ever reason.
However, personally it's a bit of a cowards way to do it on a public forum hiding behind user names, if you've got a real issue with who is running the club why not address it with them in person, or through the correct channels?

Are you really that naïve to believe that ALL the people on your list were shafted by the Jets and didn't leave by their own accord?
well to answer your question HPH, have you ever tried to contact anyone of the board of Newtown and had someone contact you ? secondly, listen to people in the know and you will soon find out just how cowardly they have treated the people listed! thirdly, if i am not mistaken you use an alias and post on the forum, so in more ways than one you, yourself are very cowardly and just too top it all off, if you are a true supporter you would have noticed that over the last 2-3 years everything about the day to day running of the club has improved out of sight????? do yourself a favor and call 1300 363690 and ask the latest victim of the weak willed bullys just what really did happen, but knowing from first hand experience you will not get any negative feed back from this person as her integrity and professionalism far out ways that of certain people who sit in an ivory tower pushing and poking there way through life just too feel important.
the more i ask myself why do i support Newtown the more i become confused, but in a nut shell, it would have to be i prefer the simple things in life and Newtown is obviously managed by simple people

brendothejet

First Grade
I spoke to someone on that list today.

It all makes for very VERY interesting material.

I will be posting a complete discertation of the situation as I put more puzzle pieces together.

Nonetheless I have threatened to boycott playing for the jets unless the madness ends.

Jeffles

Bench
brendothejet said:
Nonetheless I have threatened to boycott playing for the jets unless the madness ends.

Woah - does it have to come to that? Think of your fans brendo!

THECURSEDJET

Juniors
brendothejet said:
Ball Licker, welcome to the Jets.

Mr_Smith you are an interesting little character. here to stir it up.

I like.

TCJ i thought you'd died.

Well I hoped anyway.
hey brendo, did you really think i would leave without saying something???

it was those sooks at souths that gave me an unwanted holiday

Mr_Smith

Juniors
what would the roosters say about all this! hope it doesn't ruin the relationship! but newtown are good at doing that.
maybe its time to start standing up as members and ask the hard questions about how our club is run. a disgrace to say the least!

Ball_Licker

Juniors
Newtown Jets fan said:
if i was new to a club i'd be doing a bit of research on that new fandangled "interweb" thing there is lots of information out there just ready to be looked up
I usually do do my research,
even in sunny Queensland we know of Tommy,, I bet they dint shaft him as a former legend of Newtown thanks mainly to his link with John Singleton. that would be the only factor taken into account there.... oops maybe that would be Mr Singletons bank account perhaps????

Ball_Licker

Juniors
I have done some research and look at what i found!!

Happy reading my fellow forum buddys

Home » Blog Central » Sport » Dig Deep » The curse of the Newtown Jets
Sport
The curse of the Newtown Jets
Print Normal font Large font Some have accused this column of superficial summations in the past but, please, this is a serious blog!

Forget the retirement of Brad Fittler, the poor form of Brett Finch and Braith Anasta, the coaching of Ricky Stuart and the high injury toll.

Dig Deep can finally reveal the REAL reason behind the demise of the Sydney Roosters.

It's the curse of the Newtown Jets.

The inner city club, which won more than twice as many wooden spoons as it did premierships, folded from the top league in 1983, two years after making the grand final.

Resurrected in 1991 to play in the Metropolitan Cup, the Jets dominated before making the step up to the Premier League in 2000.

Going to a Jets game is for boutique fans of league, the inner city trendies who love the retro nature of the club but don't want to be seen to wholly embrace the working-class game. Indeed a club for latte league fans.

Since Newtown joined the Premier League, Henson Park has been the grazing paddock for Auckland (2000), South Sydney (2002), Cronulla (2005) and the Roosters in 2006. All four clubs have lost more games than they have won when Newtown has been their feeder club.

The Warriors finished 13th (8 wins, 2 draws, 16 losses) in 2000 and were broke by season's end. The Rabbitohs finished 14th (5 wins, 19 losses) in 2002 but only avoided the wooden spoon because of the Bulldogs' salary cap penalty. The Sharks finished the best of the lot with seventh (12 wins, 13 losses) in 2005. The Roosters are now languishing in 14th spot (5 wins, 11 losses) and should Souths overhaul them - unlikely - it will be the lowest finish in the club's history.

Just exactly how Newtown have contributed to this mess I can't tell you, but the stats don't lie, do they?

So rest easy Roosters fans: the good news is that Brett, Braith and Ricky are still geniuses, it's simply all the fault of the Jets. The bad news is, the Jets have signed for five years as the Roosters' feeder club.

Posted by SMH online
July 11, 2006 11:12 AM

Ball_Licker

Juniors
This has certainly sparked some emails to me today in regard to certain officials, if true and I have received several emails from different people with similar tales of being treated as second class citizens.
One official regards Jets fans as "scum" while another runs the club as if he were the owner with all decisions being done by himself with only a couple of others consulted. Given that the club has 11 directors and only 3 making and knowing decisions that will affect the club is a concern standover tactics and abusive behaviour towards non conformists.
I am told there have been several new members who have made major contributions towards sponsors yet are not informed of what is happening and some former players have been approached to return next season while exisiting players have not yet been spoken to. The former players while interested ib returning to Newtown remember the way the Jim Beam team were treated by said official in regard to sponsorship which was known weeks earlier would not eventuate and left a sour taste in their mouth.
Many of the board are not aware of these recruiting deals or terms except for what is termed the inner rectum/
It is sad to see this great club which has fought back from oblivion to make the Premier League Grand Final and prelim final in the last 2 years to be run in a George Piggins style management. With new fresh thinking and influential board members out of the loop it is time for the directors who have played their role to move on with grace.

They have alientated former players Phil Sigsworth and Steve Bowden to name a few.
In fact after a protracted fight with the league to gain control of its logo the club without approval of its members has sold the rights for merchandise on for commission only and no upfront fee, so in fact tjhe money made from merchandise is not entirely hitting the clubs pockets but its owners. Perhaps the club can detail how much money the club has made directly from merchandise sales.

This is a major concern

THECURSEDJET

Juniors
Ball_Licker said:
This has certainly sparked some emails to me today in regard to certain officials, if true and I have received several emails from different people with similar tales of being treated as second class citizens.
One official regards Jets fans as "scum" while another runs the club as if he were the owner with all decisions being done by himself with only a couple of others consulted. Given that the club has 11 directors and only 3 making and knowing decisions that will affect the club is a concern standover tactics and abusive behaviour towards non conformists.
I am told there have been several new members who have made major contributions towards sponsors yet are not informed of what is happening and some former players have been approached to return next season while exisiting players have not yet been spoken to. The former players while interested ib returning to Newtown remember the way the Jim Beam team were treated by said official in regard to sponsorship which was known weeks earlier would not eventuate and left a sour taste in their mouth.
Many of the board are not aware of these recruiting deals or terms except for what is termed the inner rectum/
It is sad to see this great club which has fought back from oblivion to make the Premier League Grand Final and prelim final in the last 2 years to be run in a George Piggins style management. With new fresh thinking and influential board members out of the loop it is time for the directors who have played their role to move on with grace.

They have alientated former players Phil Sigsworth and Steve Bowden to name a few.
In fact after a protracted fight with the league to gain control of its logo the club without approval of its members has sold the rights for merchandise on for commission only and no upfront fee, so in fact tjhe money made from merchandise is not entirely hitting the clubs pockets but its owners. Perhaps the club can detail how much money the club has made directly from merchandise sales.

This is a major concern
well said mate, I congratulate you on speaking your mind, although you have stolen some of my thunder as it was said on this forum I was only here to cause the club harm and I was not a serious supporter but a plant from south sydney.

Is it now time to ralley as one and vote with our feet and walk away from Newtown??
I for one would find it most difficult or should we ralley together and approach fellow die hards and the people listed who by various opinions may or may not have been shafted and run against the current board??

I am not the sharpest tool in the shed but I would vote for people like Steve Bowden ( imagine the financial benefit Steve would be ), Phil Sigsworth or Brian Wakefield should they so desire to run against any current board member.

The signs at Henson Park asking to save the henson park hotel should read save "Newtown football club"

Ball_Licker

Juniors
The time is right to get new fresh thinking board members for the future although I have not been a member for long enough I would certainly do my best to help any new candidates succeed.

When is the next AGM due anyway?

Mr_Smith

Juniors
Ball_Licker said:
The time is right to get new fresh thinking board members for the future although I have not been a member for long enough I would certainly do my best to help any new candidates succeed.

When is the next AGM due anyway?
don't expect to find out in a hurry, without an operations manager / office staff you will find that a plant will be put in place to take over the position and yet another closed shop election will take place.

maybe a call to ASIC might be the rocket required?

that way we might at least get a say on who stands to be re-elected

Mr_Smith

Juniors
Mr_Smith said:
don't expect to find out in a hurry, without an operations manager / office staff you will find that a plant will be put in place to take over the position and yet another closed shop election will take place.

maybe a call to ASIC might be the rocket required?

that way we might at least get a say on who stands to be re-elected
the ball is rolling, watch for some wanna be king pins to take a tumble.

and as posted, whilst having lunch at the sports club yesterday, there sitting in the big chair was, you guested it, the plant, the same red headed bloke who sells merchandise, more than a coincidence wouldn't you say?

Mr_Smith said:
the ball is rolling, watch for some wanna be king pins to take a tumble.

and as posted, whilst having lunch at the sports club yesterday, there sitting in the big chair was, you guested it, the plant, the same red headed bloke who sells merchandise, more than a coincidence wouldn't you say?

Are you talking about the film Kingpin? The redhead you refer to is obviously Randy Quaid I hope he gets what coming to him, comedic actor my arse.

Mr_Smith

Juniors
Die-Hard p/t Jet Fan said:
Are you talking about the film Kingpin? The redhead you refer to is obviously Randy Quaid I hope he gets what coming to him, comedic actor my arse.
no the wanna be king pin is the bloke who walks around with a jets cap planted atop his head!!!
you'd like to think the mercandise would be one size fits all, then again he is a big head

the red head is just another yes man