What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help Me Out Here Guys!!!!!!

CJG 182

Juniors
Hey guys.

Its bin a while since i've played my NRL game much. I really wanna get back into it but i wanted your ideas on how to make it more...fun. unfortunately i have it on PS2 and therefore cannot use the patches :(
so yea, i'm just looking for ideas on how to make the game more fun.

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
turn vossy off, get headphones turn crowd up to max, then play the grandfinal with souths and make mark minichello kick a field goal 45 out in unlimited extra time...with the sound up as loud as it goes

Sean7

Juniors
The game is dodgy as... I've tried a lot of things to make it more interesting.

A few things:

When a player gets injured in a game, sit him out for 3 weeks so you have to try and make do with one of your players that you would otherwise never use.

Sack all of your regular starting 13 and try and win the comp with the dregs.

Restrict yourself to only using players in the positions they may play in real life. Now I know that the game has no idea where ro position the players on the field, but it does make the game a little more challenging as it's very easy to rip teams apart with backs in the forwards, even on the highest difficulty.

Add your team's new signings for next year.

I've tried to restrict myself to not being able to score from scrums and not being able to regain possession off kick-offs and drop-outs, but when the computer takes advantage of these glitches in every damn game you play, it's a very difficult thing to do.

Mario

Juniors
Deano wire till i die said:
i wonder if mario has any ideas

Hmmmm, I could suggest

- make your own teams and competitions

- buy or rent a couple of multitaps, find 7 friends and play 8 player multiplayer, either cooperatively or head to head (good for before a televised match or before heading out on the town)

- try and win all 3 matches in SOO on League God with 80 min matches

- take a weak team you wouldn't normally support through an NRL season on a high difficulty level

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
- take a weak team you wouldn't normally support through an NRL season on a high difficulty level

LOL i did that the other week with souths (i rose through the souths ranks and ended up as australian halfback) then in a tight golden point win over the roosters in the semi final, i was pumped for a grandfinal against the doggies, then, i run onto the field and was shocked to find telstra stadium empty! i thought to myself, geez we must have turned up on the wrong day, so i quit, started a friendly against the roosters and was happy to find a fully packed telstra stadium!!!

EVERYBODY WINS!!!

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I took Parramatta through a season 2004 with an excel spreadsheet to simulate injuries and updating the teams after each round playing on League God. Edited the player stats so it was a really defensive game that required a good kicking game. (Parramatta at round 26 were 4th)

Won the Grandfinal against the Rooster 30-28, after leading 30-4. Just held on with big Micky Vella (My Eels Captain making a great tackle after the siren).

Now I have another excel sheet with a player draft so the lower ranked teams have first shot at the best off contract players and a points cap, based on the player rankings.

It is a limit of the first 25 players attacking, defensive and general gameplay stats.

Of Course I set Parramatta with a 10% lower cap so as to challenge myself.