What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help me to dismiss a stereotype

akazie

Juniors
I would like to shut up a stereotypical "all footballers are meatheads" wench :twisted:

Can someone here list some NRL players who have university degrees and work in high intelligent fields?

TIA :)

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
akazie said:
I would like to shut up a stereotypical "all footballers are meatheads" wench :twisted:

Can someone here list some NRL players who have university degrees and work in high intelligent fields?

TIA :)

There's quite a few who do university/courses for life after football. Off the top of my head I can only think of Nigel Vagana who studied while with the Sharks. Was it architecture? Pretty sure something to do with construction.

I think it was Jerry Seuseu, former Warriors prop, who negotiated his own contracts without a manager after studying Law. Now that's a player. No managers.

cainen

Juniors
Luke Priddis is a certified Financial Planner.

I remember Robbie Farah was studying for a Bach Economics at Sydney Uni. Dunno if he finished it.

Luke Swain was studying sports science at uni while he was at Penrith. I'm sure there'd be quite a few young players studying that kind of thing.

greenhat

Juniors
Raiders fullback William Zillman is doing a degree in sports science or something. I think I read somewhere that captain and hero Alan Tongue is doing a teaching degree too.

I think its pretty common these days

Bomber

Bench
Rod Jensen is a teacher, and even worked part time for a while in the classrooms while at the Cowboys

thomo

Juniors
Craig Wing was doing his Bachelor of Commerce degree at UNSW when he was at Souths. I don't think he finished it though.

colonel_123

Juniors
Benji Marshall is studying I think some sort of media degree, Chris Lawrence is studying Sports and Exercise Science at Western Sydney, while Ben Te'o is studying a Law Diploma at Sydney University. Robbie Farah is also studying economics at USyd.

I know there's plenty of others at Wests who are in engaged in or who have finished some form of study.

Wests have a policy that players who are a part of their apprentice scheme (a scheme for fast tracking promising players to first grade) can't play football unless their engaged in some form of study at TAFE or University or some form of relevant employment.

Tell the wench as dumb as some footballers may be, there are none that:
- pay $1,000 plus for a handbag
- collect shoes like football cards
- spend hundreds on colouring their hair (todd carney excepted though his sister does it for him)
etc

Dutchy

Immortal
themanonthehill said:
Tell the wench as dumb as some footballers may be, there are none that:
- pay $1,000 plus for a handbag
- collect shoes like football cards
- spend hundreds on colouring their hair (todd carney excepted though his sister does it for him)
etc

You just described Michael Witt

Lime_Green

Juniors
William Zillman is studying something Sports related (human movement?) at University of Canberra.

Adam Mogg was a fully qualified accountant I believe??

Latest posts