What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help...my coputer is infected with spyware

I have downloaded spybot seek & destroy and cleaned up all spyware but I can not get rid of this 1 file. every time I load my computer there is message in the task bar that keeps popping up telling me my compter is infected and my card details etc are in danger? when I click OK it takes me to Spy Axe website but won't let me do anything untill I pay for the program.

It seems seek and destroy can not pick up this infection even though I have downloaded the latest updates. Is there anything I can do to get rid of this? I can not run a program without this message in the task bar popping up telling me my computer is infected.

Pls Help!!

melon....

Coach
Try Microsoft Antispyware...it picks up stuff that Adaware and Spybot dont, but I use all 3 as they all pick up stuff the others dont.
Also try Xoftspy. Google them for download pages

Dogaholic

First Grade
Adding to all else, look through the registry at the "Run" keys. You might find the one in question. Always back up your registry before you play around with it though. But, you should get someone who knows what they are doing to do that for you - dont muck around with that unless you know what you are doing..

If you have XP, you should really be using the System Restore and creating restore points every so often when your PC is healthy.

Hey guys, I have tried every free anti-spyware program available and I can not get rid of it. Do you think it is worth buying an anti-spyware program? Will it guarantee to get rid of my spyware? What should I do?

Skinner

Coach
waltzing Meninga said:
Hey guys, I have tried every free anti-spyware program available and I can not get rid of it. Do you think it is worth buying an anti-spyware program? Will it guarantee to get rid of my spyware? What should I do?

Mate, the anti-spyware proggy to get rid of this has not been built yet.

There is, however, a removal tool here :http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-spyaxe.html

Download the tool and follow the instructions.

If it doesn't work, you can remove manually by following the instructions
on the page. If you are not confident in being in and deleting anything
in the registry PLEASE GET SOMEONE TO HELP and make sure you back
it up and are able to restore.

The tool should work though, without a problem.

Cheers
Skinner

Booyah

Bench
Look on the net for AVG anti-virus. It's totally free and it helped my computer out quick smart. I'll try find a link for you.

MC DUI

Juniors
waltzing Meninga said:
I have downloaded spybot seek & destroy and cleaned up all spyware but I can not get rid of this 1 file. every time I load my computer there is message in the task bar that keeps popping up telling me my compter is infected and my card details etc are in danger? when I click OK it takes me to Spy Axe website but won't let me do anything untill I pay for the program.

Although it seems as though the people above me have already posted enough help for you I just wanted to point out to you that your computer or a antispyware program will never direct you to a site to purchase software. The spyware that has infected your computer is the crap that is telling you to buy the program, spyaxe or whatever you have is most likely programmed by the company trying to sell you the antispyware program. Chances are the crap they sell you would only infect your computer more not less.

Just a friendly warning.

Latest posts