What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with Photoshop

Hey, I need some help with editing in Photoshop like curves, removing shadows and saturation. Just the simple stuff.

I have to make a proper triptych in a few weeks but for now I've put together a triptych made of my photos to practice on.

Thing is, I don't know how to edit it.

I would like to send my file to anyone who is interested so they can edit it and send it back to me. This way I can look through and learn a thing or two! :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TeamSatan

Juniors
Best option is to go to you tube and search for photoshop lessons. There are many to choose from.

roopy

Referee
I'm rubbish at photoshop.
I spent a lot of time learning how to use it, and then spent 5 minutes with a woman who has the ability to tell colours and shades apart, and found that if god made you colour blind, you will never be much good.
I just gave up once i saw someone with ability at work.
Forgotton most of it now.

Triptych

Juniors
Photoshop ain't so hard Knights...just gotta save copies of files and go for it.

Your best bet is to create Adjustment Layers of contrast brightness etc so you can edit them, and also turn them off to see what you've done. Under 'Layer' 'New Adjustment Layer' choose either levels or contrast. Don't worry about curves...it's all a waste of time. When you add the adjustment layer, make sure you link it to the previous layer (tick box).

With Levels, the black bars indicate where the colour is - left is darks, right is lights. If there are gaps at each end of the spectrum, pull the triangle adjusters at the bottom of the graph to change. So, if there is blank area around the darks, pull the dark triangle towards the graph so the dark range is picked up by the graph. Likewise with the lights. I will also generally move the mid range triangle slightly towards the lights so you can play with the contrast more.

With Brightness/Contrast you just have to tweak this until you like it.

To help you out with shadows, go to 'Image' 'Adjustments' 'Shadow/Highlight'. Tweak the shadow and highlight percentages until the look like something you want.

A combination of these things will generally get you somewhere to where you want to be with your image. Otherwise, you'll can to create clipping masks of the specific areas you want lighter/darker and do the same thing. Adjustment layers can be used on entire images, or just specific areas.

Hope that helps.

Latest posts