What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Henry Paul could be back

bartman

Immortal
This one's officially dead in the water now...

http://sport.independent.co.uk/rugby_league/article333196.ece (link goes "premium" after a few days)
Harlequins RL, the successors to the London Broncos, have admitted defeat in their attempts to bring Henry Paul back to his original code, but have signed two other players to strengthen their squad for next season.

"We tried, but in the end he didn't fancy it,'' said the club's chief executive, Nic Cartwright, of the former Wigan and Bradford player, who is now out of favour at Gloucester.

etc

jed

First Grade
Not really surprised there.

In his day he was a great player alongside his brother, but making a comeback to League at his age wasn't necessarily going to work. Disappointed we won't get to see him play again though.

jed

First Grade
Robbie Paul said:
Dear Bulls Fans,

I intend to play my final game in a Bradford Bulls shirt, at Odsal Stadium on Friday 27th January 2006.

The game will take place against Hull KR and it will be a pleasure to play alongside such Odsal greats as Jimmy Lowes, Brian McDermott, Steve McNamara and of course my big bro’ Henry Paul together with all the 2006 1st team.

I would be delighted if you would come along and support me in my final Bulls appearance.

I intend it to be a great evening and a brilliant warm up for the World Club Challenge the week after. I look forward to seeing you there.

Best wishes and thank you.

Robbie Paul
taken from http://www.shontaynehape.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=514&get=last#8463

Robbie's going to pull on the Bull's kit one for his final game with them, wish I could be there to see it.
Some legends there, good to see the Paul brothers playing alongside each other one last time.

bartman

Immortal
It's great that clubs over here are so relaxed to do testimonial games like this for players that have actually left their club.

And the Henry Paul rumour was kind of right after all ;-)

jed

First Grade
Agreed, it's especially refreshing that Huddersfield have allowed him to play in a game where they have absolutely nothing to gain and (heaven forbid) everything to lose.

I think a big part of Bradford doing the testimonial, aside from the fact that he's played for the Bulls for so long, was that the fans never had a chance to say farewell to Robbie, with his leaving being announced after the Grand Final celebrations had concluded.

Bart-dude, are you going to swing over to Odsal for this game? If so, could you please report back how the Paul Bros. combination looks after all these years?

bartman

Immortal
Jed, I've got nothing on that night, so might be able to talk the girlfriend into and afterwork trip out to the game... will let you know.

Latest posts