What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here's a thought

BennyV

Referee
I think the odd one out will be Aitken to be honest, his size and lateral defence are deficiencies in his game that other teams are exploiting.
I thoughts are:
F/B - Dugan
Wingers - Mann and Nighty
Centres - Milne and McDonald
5/8 - Hutch/Widdop
7 - Widdop/Hutch
For 2018 and assuming Herbert develops well with the Cutters, he would take Nighty's spot.

Milne, as someone has already mentioned will need to improve his defence in 2017, lucky he has Nightingale but in 2018 (assuming) with Herbert he will need to step up and be senior. In that case I would sign Levi Dodd, who is quick, defends well and scores tries and kicks goals as a shadow if Milne doesn't cut it or gets suspended (given his apparent likeness for shoulder charges).
Young Aitken needs to re-invent his game, too small for a centre now, maybe a bench rotation player, to play forward or back, the only problem we have a few of those already.
If that's the scenario, and Aitken is the one who misses out/moves, then I'd prefer to see Mann at centre and Macdonald on the wing.

watatank

Coach
I wouldn't be ruling Aitken out just yet. He wasn't expected to start in the centres two years in a row and has ended up playing more games than anyone there. He still needs to develop his game but he has done well considering his age, the fact that he has switched sides a few time and the 6,7,9 have had poor seasons. There are a lot of potential scenarios but I think this situation needs to play itself out with a few decisions to be made.

dannyt

Coach
I wouldn't be ruling Aitken out just yet. He wasn't expected to start in the centres two years in a row and has ended up playing more games than anyone there. He still needs to develop his game but he has done well considering his age, the fact that he has switched sides a few time and the 6,7,9 have had poor seasons. There are a lot of potential scenarios but I think this situation needs to play itself out with a few decisions to be made.
He needs to learn positional play, and how to protect wingers from high kicks.

You would've thought a good ex-centre could teach him this.

Another failure from the supercoach.

heres a thought full back widdop wingers nighty and mann centres milne and dugan 5/8 nona 1/2 back hutch at the very least it would have the opposition stressed regards boys

PerthDragon

Juniors
heres a thought full back widdop wingers nighty and mann centres milne and dugan 5/8 nona 1/2 back hutch at the very least it would have the opposition stressed regards boys

I like it lame dragon. Good mixture of some youth, experience and some creative players with potential.

Ahh ...shit I forgot, we unfortunately still have that shit coach and assistants that would kill anything they could develop.
Again pretty good though IMO

Old Timer

Coach
Now here is a thought to contemplate
If you look at the top 8 from last year and one by one we swapped our Dragons squad for their squad would other coaches be able to get our Dragons team to fire and beat their own squad now being coached by the dreaded Mc Gronk?
If so how long would it take to turn around or would some teams now under Mc Gronk be able to withstand him and keep beating our squad?