What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Highlight of the Season

Delboy

First Grade
2 highlights as described, the look on that dopes face on the Footy Show ( followed by his crawling on Alan Jones the next morning), and Allgood smacking Matai (priceless)

Captain BF

Juniors
The highlights for me were the start: I stupidly bought into what Stuart was selling, then Round 1 Vs the Warriors made me hopeful. The next highlight was some of the young blokes getting a run and making a good fist of it i.e. Terepo, Tanginoa, Paulo, Pritchard etc... The next highlight was the 80th minute of round 26 as it was all over and we could look forward to the new blokes coming here next season. And since then, it's all turned to shite... Although with Stuart leaving, while it disappointed me i was hopeful (again) that we'd handle the hiring process professionally and go into next season in a positive manner, which hopefully may still happen, but i doubt it.

Kornstar

Coach
The highlight is what is happening right now, all us dumb merkins thought this place couldn't get worse, then Sharp the f**kwit raises the bar, it really is quite entertaining at the moment!

We are so lucky to support such a well run club!

Captain BF

Juniors
I had to laugh on the Wednesday that the Membership team rang me about the automatic membership rollover for next season (or whatever it's called) at 4pm in the afternoon then about 3 hours later we are without a coach.

TheParraboy

Staff member
my highlight is the two incandescent light bulbs I had to replace during the season

over 2 metres high, lights quite well

emjaycee

Coach
Brett Kenny's 2nd try in the '83 grand final to become the first (and only person) to score 2 tries in 3 consecutive grand finals.... Oh wait a minute, you mean this season.

Mmm... too many lowlights to recall any highlights although I think the look on Lussick's face watching Allgood v Matai was it for me.

TheRam

Coach
Full time at the final game of the season for Parramatta. It finally put an end to Ricky Stuart and all his sh*t that comes with him and the painfully poor performances that he masterminded.

Forty20

First Grade
Wenty knocking off the Sharks in Rd.25 of the NSW Cup was my personal highlight. That was probably the best 80min of football I've seen from a team at our club since the 2010 NRL fixture against the Storm.

I also enjoyed the debuts of a number of our rookies this year. Starting in Rd.2 with the genuine freak in Kelepi Tanginoa, who was always billed for higher honours, to the longer path traveled to first-grade by Peni Terepo - who had to overcome a number of injuries and find his feet in the NSW Cup for some time before he was ready. The one who completely took me by surprise this year was Junior Paulo who whipped himself into shape, realised his potential and rocketed his career from just another big guy in the NYC to impact forward in the NRL in a short time.

I honestly couldn't give two f**ks about Stuart at this point. No doubt he will cop it deluxe should Canberra have to face us at Parra (Pirtek) Stadium but I am by far more interested in getting behind Arhtur or Taylor once our board gets their shit together.