What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Highschool Memories...

Knightmare

Coach
This is now my second year out of school, and just lately I was thinking of what I miss about being in school compared with what I'm glad to be rid of. So to everyone who's finished school, gather round and tell us what you wouldn't mind going back and doing again, as well as what you wake up everyday and thank God you don't have to worry about anymore! :D

WHAT I MISS ABOUT HIGHSCHOOL:
* Seeing my mates and everyone else 5 days a week at least.
* Being able to bludge the boring or irrelevant subjects to think about how one day I'd be doing what I really wanted to do.
* School Footy games/ Sports Carnivals/ Any carnival that meant a day off school. I also wasn't too bad at sport so getting a day off school to catch the bus to Sydney or Newcastle to compete in the CSSA/ CIS Carnivals was an added bonus!
* The amount of hot 'talent' in our grade, and being able to admire it at least 5 days a week!
* The funny discussions we'd always end up having in Art class.
* School band nights.
* Interesting (and often funny) class discussions.
* Hanging out in free periods in the library or the Year 12 common room.
* As I said before, being able to just hang out with your mates and not give a crap.

WHAT I DON'T MISS ABOUT HIGHSCHOOL:
* Parents being overly protective about alcohol at parties (especially when you're younger) :x
* The amount of shite that goes around, most of it at least partly untrue. Even worse is when mindless sheep believe it! :roll:
* School uniform.
* Going there 5 days a week (as compared to now when I'm only at Uni 3 days a week)
* Having to remotely give a crap of any sort about maths or anything relating to mathematics of any sort!
* Boring classes.
* Being made to believe that the HSC determines how the rest of our life is going to be :roll:

Alba

Coach
i miss being underage :( and seeing my friends every day and minor things being so BIG just cause thats the way it is ... and gossip :oops: i just miss the whole thing ..

supersoniceagle

Juniors
I miss the lunch time rugby league matches, playing cricket in the study room (now that was fun!), free periods where people would just wander around and find something to do, backgammon tournament in the study room, jenga tournament in the study room, gambling on the melbourne cup (led by myself each year), constantly being told by the principal to a) shave b) tuck my shirt in and c) put my tie on, playing games on the stupid computers in the library...which would eventually lead to us being kicked out at least once a week

Ah those were the days, and as u can see not much work was done in our study room lol

I miss school, playing pranks on teachers and getting up to mischief during class time

I remember the day I took the science teachers, science book for a double lesson oh what a great class that was. He searched for it high and low and all along was sitting on my lap. :lol: :lol:

oh I use to play up in science all the time-I ended up having to get a letter sent home to my mum each day with the way I behaved in class and she had to sign it :roll:

I think it all started cause I called the teacher a sexist pig and always talked during lesson time. 8)

perth sharkie

Juniors
I don't really miss high school much at all.

I miss uni, for me it was miles better than high school. I was studying something that I enjoyed, made some good friends, had lots of free time, plenty of talent around and saw action more times than any other time in my life, hot and friendly tutors, and spent hours at the tav getting pissed on cheap student priced booze.

In high school life was too restricted, teachers were on your back all the time, I had little free time because of so much home work, not much talent compared to uni, limited access to alcohol, having to do boring subjects that I cared little for, and in general high school people hung out in their little groups while in my uni course everyone was friendly and we were all mates with each other. Basically all the negatives that Knightmare described but with few of the positives (my sporting efforts were played outside of high school for local teams, so I can't say that I had that).

Stranger

Coach
I miss the pranks on the teachers i got away with in primary..... im still in high school but its harder to get away with things now..

Like in year 5 i put lemmon on the toilet paper in the teachers toilets....

Funny shit ever seeing the next teacher walk out all funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ari Gold

Bench
Stranger said:
I miss the pranks on the teachers i got away with in primary..... im still in high school but its harder to get away with things now..

Like in year 5 i put lemmon on the toilet paper in the teachers toilets....

Funny sh*t ever seeing the next teacher walk out all funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol thats f**king hilarious!

Bazal

Post Whore
I miss giving teachers crap, mucking around with mates every day, playing knee footy/cricket in the common room, lunchtime footy/cricket matches on the ovals, jamming in the music rooms during free period, wagging, performing at school dances where you'd get you girlfriend up on stage to dance with you for the slow songs(making playing guitar and singing a little difficult), making out in odd places, always scared a teacher would walk up and you'd cop a suspension, pranks, terrorising the library staff, destroying the rugby heads in Oztag every single PE class, insolence...ahh, thems were the days, in their own way

~bedsy~

First Grade
I miss all the freinds I had.
Just sitting around during breaks and free periods talking away.

Big Pete

Referee
Still at high school, but I miss the pre-Big Pete days (primary) where we actually had girls at the school and so on.

But my high school ain't bad...except I think I do twice as many tap dances then I used to and yeah...

AnGeL

Juniors
i miss seeing my friends all the time...seriously i thought school was fun well i only say that cause myfriends and i always managed to get up to no good and get away with it.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
feeding magpies panadol and then watching them die of heart failure

Latest posts