What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hilder to Gold Coast

shark_girl

Juniors
Originally Posted by shark martin
I dont think we'll miss him terribly, we have an abundance of second rowers that do the job... Its a smart move by him, he wont get a run here any time soon

Thats only partly true. He will be missed as when he was given a chance, he shone. But he was hardly given a chance cause Raper is a hack. And it's hard to miss something that you haven't had the best of. The only reason we never got the best of him is because Raper never utilised his talent.

Yet another local junior arseholed....

This club is starting to fall apart. With Raper and this f**ked up board, this club is going to sink. Something needs to be done before we loss every bit of talent we have and are left with a bunch of clowns, and become the laughing stock of the NRL...

spider

Coach
Snoop Shark said:
Mate any club is more professional then ours! YES TITANS included!

f**k me the bunnys even have hollywood

I was confused with your Kinga coment on the Hilder thread - just me mate as its late.

carcharias

Immortal
How can I make this -> "Fuggen Dumb merkins" really really big ?

This is an outrage.

I am gobsmacked!

eMPee

Juniors
Like everyone else has said, this is a stupid decision by the sharks. Hope he goes well for the titans and if this rubbish continues at the sharks, i might make a fresh start with the titans.And for once i agree with you reefy about Hilder.
On another note i hear a local junior has signed elsewhere. The 2nd row/centre was unhappy with his treatment by the club after signing his current contract so good luck to him when its announced.

Special K

Coach
It is upsetting but I would take our starting backrow over him. Williams has a massive upside and then there are guys like Ciraldo, Lovegrove etc. that the club has hopes on developing but don't have the room to do so with Hilder around. Williams is off contract next year as is Gallen so we have to ensure they have room to re-sign also.

Its a shame to lose Trouble but hopefully after 2007 Raper will be gone and he can return after we test the youngens.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Our pack should be
Rossco
Kimmorley
thomo
Gall
Hilly
Ciraldo
with
weirdo
Stape
Lowe
Kinga

Ciraldo can play backs if an injury occurs.
Noddy can cover a halves position as can kinga.

Frenzy.

Immortal
blacktip-reefy said:
Our pack should be
Rossco
Kimmorley
thomo
Gall
Hilly
Ciraldo
with
weirdo
Stape
Lowe
Kinga

Ciraldo can play backs if an injury occurs.
Noddy can cover a halves position as can kinga.

Who is Lowe and why no Dougie?

azzah72

Bench
Titans convinced to sign Hilder

By Daniel Pace
August 15, 2006
A CHAT with former NRL coach Chris Anderson convinced Gold Coast coach John Cartwright that Sharks utility Matt Hilder was the right man for the Titans.
Cartwright didn't even realise that Hilder - who has agreed to a one-year deal covering the fledgling club's debut season in 2007 - was off contract until he was approached by the 24-year-old's manager, former St George hardman Harry Eden.
Hilder, renowned for his consistently high workrate, completes the Titans' 25-man first-grade squad, but club chief executive Michael Searle said the recruitment drive would continue until the roster reached 35 players.
Cartwright said Hilder had been signed chiefly as a back-up half to Penrith livewire Preston Campbell and Wests Tigers former captain Scott Prince.
"He covers a lot of positions but I'm more interested in him as a five-eighth," Cartwright said.
"I spoke to Chris Anderson about him and Chris said he's more than capable of playing five-eighth, and there's not many players around like him these days."
Anderson gave Hilder his first-grade debut at the Sharks in March 2003.
"He's creative and can lay on a try. He just doesn't put the ball under his arm and die wondering.
"Chris gave him a glowing report both as a footballer and a person. He backed up what I thought."
Cartwright said he had no doubt Hilder was a first-grade player despite the fact he is languishing in Premier League for the Sharks, who have lost their past seven matches.
"I think the club is going through a confidence crisis and he's been caught up in the mix," former Sydney Roosters assistant coach Cartwright said.
"I've got no doubt he's a first grader and he'll be a great addition for us.
"I didn't know he was off contract. I've admired the way he's played for a while.
"From coaching at the Roosters, whenever we played Cronulla we had to do some extra work on him because you never really knew what he was going to do with the ball."
Hilder has played 80 NRL games since making his first grade debut for the Sharks.
"I just wanted to try something new," Hilder, who is yet to visit the Gold Coast with fiancee Natalie and baby girl Indy, said.
"I've been at the Sharks since I was 16. I didn't want to be sitting around in 10 years thinking I probably should have made that move."

Generalzod

Immortal
"I spoke to Chris Anderson about him and Chris said he's more than capable of playing five-eighth, and there's not many players around like him these days."

That says it all..Pity our drop kick of a coach can't see it.....

Special K

Coach
yeah esp since we have such great halves in the NRL. Lets let Hilder and Aitken just walk away!

Raper has f**ked this club way more then Opes ever dreamed of. I wonder how much joy he is getting out of this sitting at home watching it?

Generalzod

Immortal
Special K said:
yeah esp since we have such great halves in the NRL. Lets let Hilder and Aitken just walk away!

Raper has f**ked this club way more then Opes ever dreamed of. I wonder how much joy he is getting out of this sitting at home watching it?

Totally agree with you special K we went from a premiership winning coach to a coach who was sacked by wigan great move Cronulla.....

doggone

Juniors
Cronulla you've done it again>>..

How come everyother person can see it but you..

A clean out of the Sharks management is needed.. Bring back Anderson!!

I'm with you special K and generalzod!

Snoop Shark

First Grade
SpiderShark said:
I was confused with your Kinga coment on the Hilder thread - just me mate as its late.

Sorry mate i had a big night and thought it said kinga! Think im still blind!

I will offically put a ban on myself on here when im tanked!

Jo Ryan

Juniors
Great move Waltzing. You will go ahead in leaps and bounds. Hope I get to see you play another first grade for Cronulla. Heard the annoucement on Gold Coast radio this morning. Hope Russ Aitken goes well too. Wish you well.