What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hilfenhaus

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well however you pronounce his name, i think we'll be hearing it quite a bit in the next couple of years

Munky

Coach
no.2_lukeburt said:
lol @ Bell's dismissal. he had NO idea.

Bell just seems to have no idea against decent bowling.

He was like a rabbit in headlights in the 05 ashes series versus Warne, hell the BBS gave him the 'never to play for England again' tag after the series finished.

Has a slip ever been needed in Twenty20 before, because a top order batsman hasn't got a clue?

willvillain

Juniors
Munky said:
Bell just seems to have no idea against decent bowling.

He was like a rabbit in headlights in the 05 ashes series versus Warne, hell the BBS gave him the 'never to play for England again' tag after the series finished.

Has a slip ever been needed in Twenty20 before, because a top order batsman hasn't got a clue?

Fair go on Bell, I thought he was going to be a disaster this series and amount to little more than a speedbump between 1/50 and 2/60, but he ended up scoring more runs and looking far more competant than I expected.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Twizzle said:
are you studying to be a commentator ?

ah..no.
I always thought his name was prounounced Hilfen-horse when I read his name on this forum.
But the last few days I heard him being called Hifen-house.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
imo he wont crack it into the austrlaian team....might be able to swing the ball, but there is no sharpness or danger about his bowling, until he can develop this, he will be smashed in international cricket.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Prodigal Eel said:
imo he wont crack it into the austrlaian team....might be able to swing the ball, but there is no sharpness or danger about his bowling, until he can develop this, he will be smashed in international cricket.
Mate he's bowls outswingers at 140kms, and he's already in the Australian squad. IMO he looks more promising than Johnson.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
Yeah and if the ball aint swinging his a young mans Harwood...with the inconsistency of Tait in his line and length.....hell at least tait can scare there oppistion when coming in.

140 isnt fat anymore, and if he aint swinging it, at his line and length watch out...... he has to hit that length on a reular basis.

[furrycat]

Coach
Um...

You don't need to be fast or "sharp" to be a great bowler.
See career of Glenn McGrath.

There is more to bowling than speed- speed is nothing.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Um...

You don't need to be fast or "sharp" to be a great bowler.
See career of Glenn McGrath.

There is more to bowling than speed- speed is nothing.

Thats what im saying....if the ball aint swinging...and he dosent fix up his line and length (caus he aint that express to be a quickfire bowler) he will be introuble on the international stage....i would like to see him bowl consistent line and length for 2 season on the domestic stage....then add his swing to that he could be very dangerous...but until then....he wont cut it

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Prodigal Eel said:
Thats what im saying....if the ball aint swinging...and he dosent fix up his line and length (caus he aint that express to be a quickfire bowler) he will be introuble on the international stage....i would like to see him bowl consistent line and length for 2 season on the domestic stage....then add his swing to that he could be very dangerous...but until then....he wont cut it
Mate what do you think he's been doing the last 2 seasons, he was the leading wicket taker last season in the Pura CUP. and the top wicket taker this season. so i think he's done enough to earn a crack.

Ari Gold

Bench
Prodigal Eel said:
Yeah and if the ball aint swinging his a young mans Harwood...with the inconsistency of Tait in his line and length.....hell at least tait can scare there oppistion when coming in.

140 isnt fat anymore, and if he aint swinging it, at his line and length watch out...... he has to hit that length on a reular basis.

Learn how to write..

Latest posts