What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hill and slater face lengthy spells

freeridermx

Juniors
Hill, Slater face lengthy spells

03apr06
MELBOURNE five-eighth Scott Hill faces a four-week ban for making contact with referee Jason Robinson during Storm's NRL loss to Wests Tigers yesterday.

Storm teammate Billy Slater meanwhile faces seven weeks on the sidelines after receiving a grade-five kicking charge for lashing out at Wests Tigers forward John Skandalis in a tackle during the match at Leichhardt Oval.
Slater will cop a six-match ban if he enters an early guilty plea because he still has 68 carry-over points to his name from a previous conviction.
The NRL match review committee charged Hill with grade-four contrary conduct for making contact with Robinson while remonstrating over a Tigers try early in the second half of the 30-28 loss.
He will receive a three-week suspension for an early guilty plea, and four weeks if he contests the charge and is found guilty.
The pair were among nine players charged today.

Wests Tigers duo Anthony Laffranchi (dangerous throw) and Jamaal Lolesi (careless high tackle) were also charged from the Leichhardt fixture.

Because of carry-over points, Laffranchi faces a two-week ban – regardless of whether he makes an early plea – while Lolesi can escaped sanction with an early plea.

Four Parramatta players were charged from Friday night's loss to North Queensland, with Chad Robinson facing a ban of two weeks (one with an early guilty plea) for striking.

Brett Delaney (contrary conduct/grapple tackle), Justin Tsoulos and Paul Stringer (high tackles) can escape punishment with early pleas.

Canberra hooker Simon Woolford has also been charged with a careless high tackle.

Woolford will miss two games even with a guilty plea.
© Advertiser Newspapers Pty Limited

MONY

Juniors
that slater thing is horse sh*t if u ask me......... hill got what he deserved even though Robinson deserved it..

MONY

Juniors
how the f**k does lolesi escape with nothing...... he hit DJ in the head.... same as Morley.... except DJ is tough and didnt stay down...... i know morleys record is dismal but still lolesi's attempted tackle was ridiculous.

fulltime

Juniors
seeing the slater footage he got what he deserved as it was a deliberate act. if you haven't seen the footage no point commenting.

so I guess it's seeya slater.

ps lolesi punishment is also wrong. he is lucky dallas got straight up and didn't act it a little.

Once Dead

Bench
Slater is a cat.......You just can't touch referees so Hill will cop it, no matter how harmless and Lolesi SHOULD be suspended for a 4 week + period.....that's from a Tigers supporter

Damn...we are screwed big time !!!...this is what we do not need with all trhe bloody injuries on top of this.

IMO move Geyer into Hill's spot and Turner to fullback with Walker onto the wing.

shadow grinder

First Grade
kia ora storm said:
Damn...we are screwed big time !!!...this is what we do not need with all trhe bloody injuries on top of this.

IMO move Geyer into Hill's spot and Turner to fullback with Walker onto the wing.

not really screwed big time...

geyer isnt a play maker...if he goes to 5/8 it doesnt benefit us at all...he has been defending sh*tty and just isnt a play maker. Aubusson or someone else should go there, if it we had to go to extremes cam smith could even slot in with friend going to hooker....but that wont happen. Hill shouldnt even be suspended anyway...

and turner to fullback yes, walker can stay where he is and webster comes goes to wing.

MONY

Juniors
Inglis would have to be fullback..... Zappa has been a bit down this year... Webby to centre....... Aubusson to 5/8 or even Cronk to 5/8...

Is it just me or are Storm playing a lot more dirtier this year...maybe this rotating captaincy strategy is not working ??.

The boys need one leader to gel the team and give it the direction it needs with respect to setting standards of consistency in the team.

Just a thought ??.

shadow grinder

First Grade
dont think it has anything to do with the leadership rotation.

i think they are just getting lazy esp around the play the ball...lying around trying to slow things up.....

kia ora storm said:
Is it just me or are Storm playing a lot more dirtier this year...
Storm are definately NOT playing more dirty this year. :x

kia ora storm said:
maybe this rotating captaincy strategy is not working ??.
I'm sure it got Hill in trouble this week (Not letting go of his percieved responceability)

kia ora storm said:
The boys need one leader to gel the team and give it the direction it needs with respect to setting standards of consistency in the team.
Maybe. I still think the benifits will out way the negatives.

:sch:

MONY

Juniors
Smith has to be captain week in week out..... he leads by example, is very smart on the field and has a cool head on his shoulders....

sla4575

Juniors
Hill has recieved a two week suspension after taking an early guilty plea. Hills good judicary record over the past meant a 25% reduction to the charges.

Full story here

Hill knew he was screwed whether they contested it or not. two weeks out is pretty good though.

shadow grinder said:
dont think it has anything to do with the leadership rotation.

i think they are just getting lazy esp around the play the ball...lying around trying to slow things up.....

I agree...Kidwell and Donnelly are regulars for doing this and need to work on this aspect of their game.

MONY

Juniors
well donnelly will be back playingfor norths when we havea few guys come back..... kiddie has been a liability in terms of conceding penalties ever since he came down to us....

So we are to assume with the lack of information about Slater (in that story) that they are gonna contest the charge or attempt to have it down graded.