What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hill and slater face lengthy spells

sla4575

Juniors
They had their appeal time extended to 3pm today i believe. So they must be putting a case together for billy if they asked for more time.

shadow grinder

First Grade
was on the news that the storm are going to contest the grading and get in down graded....stupid move if you ask me.

sheet_ed

Juniors
What I can't understand is that the "ref" gets none of the flack for letting this escalate. The tigers were hold on so long that you knew something was going to blow and blow it did.

Not condoning Billy, we know that he is prickly and players deliberately target him.

When we held a player the crowd yelled abuse and the ref obliged. When they held - nothing. Not just the Tigers, but the Cowboys as well.

I am big supporter of the ref's (I wouldn't do the job for quids) but why isn't there a "CONSISTENT" time on holding players.

The only thing that brings me comfort is knowing that there is a return engagement at Olympic Park.

Cloud9

Lets face it, Slater did a cat of of an act and deserves what he gets.
He's been put on the pedestal too long. However, this should be an opportunity for Chris Walker to redeem himself, if he gets the chance.

Surandy

Bench
Cloud9 said:
Lets face it, Slater did a cat of of an act and deserves what he gets.
He's been put on the pedestal too long. However, this should be an opportunity for Chris Walker to redeem himself, if he gets the chance.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

MONY

Juniors
Walker wont be playing....... Webby to centre and Inglis to fullback would be the best move....

sheet_ed said:
What I can't understand is that the "ref" gets none of the flack for letting this escalate. The tigers were hold on so long that you knew something was going to blow and blow it did.

Not condoning Billy, we know that he is prickly and players deliberately target him.

When we held a player the crowd yelled abuse and the ref obliged. When they held - nothing. Not just the Tigers, but the Cowboys as well.

I am big supporter of the ref's (I wouldn't do the job for quids) but why isn't there a "CONSISTENT" time on holding players.

The only thing that brings me comfort is knowing that there is a return engagement at Olympic Park.

Exactly...I am sick of the refs ruling in favour of the home crowds...it is p#ssing me off and I cannot wait for Tigers to come to OP.:evil:

Hellsy

Immortal
Have to agree with you guys totally.
I attended this game and the amount of whingeing and whining that came out of every tackle by the fans worked to the Tigers advantage for sure.
They layed all over everyone of your players, and while the kicking incident looked pretty bad from where I was sitting I could also tell the look of pure frustration on Billy's face.
I said to my friend who was with me that 'Billy is gunna be in trouble for that one'... I still don't get why it was not picked up by both touchie and ref on field especially since there was a small scuffle after it.
Still..... he shouldn't have done it, it was such a brain explosion and he will serve his time for it, but the fact that he apologised on field says alot about the strength of character

Hellsy

Immortal
I must also say that Billy, Matt King and Steve Turner are a really nice bunch of guys.
I have been a Matty King fan for awhile so I wanted to go and grab a quick photo with him after the game, and my friend wanted a photo with Steve Turner, and then both of us decided to meet Billy.
All 3 were just wonderful. I can really see your players being similar in character to my Parra boys, always up for a quick chat, photo etc. nothing too hard for them.

Hellsy said:
I must also say that Billy, Matt King and Steve Turner are a really nice bunch of guys.
I have been a Matty King fan for awhile so I wanted to go and grab a quick photo with him after the game, and my friend wanted a photo with Steve Turner, and then both of us decided to meet Billy.
All 3 were just wonderful. I can really see your players being similar in character to my Parra boys, always up for a quick chat, photo etc. nothing too hard for them.

Try telling that to the WestTigers fans posting all sorts of garbage in the NRL discussions...thye seem to have vendetta against everything Melbourne...can't wait for the OP game.:cool:

Let 'em sit on thier high horse for a week or two.

They'll have their issues soon enough. ;-)

Every club has them.

shadow grinder

First Grade
but thats just tiger fans...they been doing it for years, so it is just old and makes them look like big whingers.

hating a club for something a player did over 3 or 4 years ago...please! grow the f**k up. then act as if their team are angels and have never done anything wrong.

shadow grinder said:
but thats just tiger fans...they been doing it for years, so it is just old and makes them look like big whingers.

hating a club for something a player did over 3 or 4 years ago...please! grow the f**k up. then act as if their team are angels and have never done anything wrong.
Shadow...you cannot even have a healthy discussion wiht them without ir resorting to abuse...I now have a new "most hated" team...it used to be the Dragons but is now the Tigers.:cool:

Latest posts