What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hill and slater face lengthy spells

Hellsy

Immortal
kia ora storm said:
Try telling that to the WestTigers fans posting all sorts of garbage in the NRL discussions...thye seem to have vendetta against everything Melbourne...can't wait for the OP game.:cool:

I am probably biased as I love your city :D :D I visit often as I have friends down there.
Every team has wonderful players in it, and things that happen on a footy field should remain there.
But I guess everyone hates certain players as well... I have my 'dislike list' but I also have a larger list of players that I admire for their skills on the field and off field in things like charity work etc.
Billy's fundraiser for his home town of Innisfail shows that he is not a selfish guy, and has a heart of gold. Everyone has things they regret in life, Billy will have many weeks to think about his indiscretion, but I have every faith that he will grow from it and be a better person. There is no need to lynch the guy!!

As long as you guys are proud of your team, and support them through good and bad no-one elses opinion matters
Just my opinon anyway

Earl

Coach
somethingwithjohn said:
Why dont the storm give Daniel Russell a chance at the 6 jersey. He is carving it up in PL

Someone will get a chance.

Bellamy normally takes players from Brisbane Norths though.

shadow grinder

First Grade
somethingwithjohn said:
Why dont the storm give Daniel Russell a chance at the 6 jersey. He is carving it up in PL

Yeah heard some goo stuff about russell. If he has been that good then the storm should take a serious look at him. but i doubt they will, they will go for geyer at 5/8 :roll:

MONY

Juniors
ahh no...... although it would be quite good to have jack black following the storm.

LESStar58

Referee
So who goes to fullback now? Ingliss or Turner?

Ingliss for mine with Walker slotting into the centres.

shadow grinder said:
Yeah heard some goo stuff about russell. If he has been that good then the storm should take a serious look at him. but i doubt they will, they will go for geyer at 5/8 :roll:
LOL you reallly hate Geyer at 5/8.

Don't worry I am positive they'll pick someone else at 5/8. :D

shadow grinder

First Grade
UndertakerMike said:
LOL you reallly hate Geyer at 5/8.

Don't worry I am positive they'll pick someone else at 5/8. :D

lol..not the fact that i hate him at 5/8 its the fact that he isnt a playmaker...so it kinda limits what we can do in attack.

LESStar58

Referee
So I'm guessing for the Penrith and knights games

1. Turner
2. Walker
3. King
4. Ingliss
5. Webster
6. Geyer
7. Cronk

LESStar58 said:
Forgot about Jake..yeah bring him back. He prefers centre anyway doesn't he?
He has said that in the media.....

I can't figure out why. I rate him as the best winger in the Comp.
Now that he has a Centre partner that will actually pass to him he'll only get better :D

shadow grinder

First Grade
LESStar58 said:
So I'm guessing for the Penrith and knights games

1. Turner
2. Walker
3. King
4. Ingliss
5. Webster
6. Geyer
7. Cronk

yeah but instead of walker maybe go with ryan shortland or Smith Samau..

or even kearney. :lol:

shadow grinder said:
lol..not the fact that i hate him at 5/8 its the fact that he isnt a playmaker...so it kinda limits what we can do in attack.

Agree totally...he is not a play maker and this puts a lot of pressure on Cronk and Smith.

I would go with:

1. Turner
2. Geyer
3. Inglis
4. King
5. Webster

sla4575

Juniors
I'm not too sure why people are against Geyer playing at 5/8. I'm pretty sure he played there in 1999 during the Storms premiership win and the finals leading up to it.

ortz18

Juniors
Yer but every time we have had geyer playing 5/8 he has had a very creative half back to help him out. Not saying cronk is bad, im just saying he is not as much of a play maker as our other half backs, therefore our attack is very limited. Atleast with Hill when he is in form he adds another attacking force.

shadow grinder

First Grade
sla4575 said:
I'm not too sure why people are against Geyer playing at 5/8. I'm pretty sure he played there in 1999 during the Storms premiership win and the finals leading up to it.

yeah so. doesnt change the fact that he isnt a playmaker....and we didnt win the GF because geyer was at 5/8.

MONY

Juniors
although geyer did a great job filling in at no.6 he isnt a playmaker....