What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hill is Gornskiiiiiis

ortz18

Juniors
Just announced he has signed for an english club, leaving at the end of the year! Personally im over the moon

Hill hasn't signed with anyone.

He has just notified his intention to seek a Contract over there.

[53 To Go]

shadow grinder

First Grade
this was coming sooner or later.......pretty sad to see him leaving coz he has been so good for the club...even tho alot think he has been bad for the club.

best luck for scotty in the future.

shadow grinder said:
this was coming sooner or later.......pretty sad to see him leaving coz he has been so good for the club...even tho alot think he has been bad for the club.

best luck for scotty in the future.

I second the " best luck for scotty in the future."

And I hope storm supporters can get over it and stop bagging (Sr\creaming abuse at) Hill everytime he gets the ball.
FFS it fuggen boring and moronic..... Save it for the forums ;-)

[36 To Go]

UndertakerMike said:
I second the " best luck for scotty in the future."

And I hope storm supporters can get over it and stop bagging (Sr\creaming abuse at) Hill everytime he gets the ball.
FFS it fuggen boring and moronic..... Save it for the forums ;-)

[36 To Go]

Save it for the forums ???...what and cop abuse on here as well !!.

Last night the general consensus amongst the fans around me was that he was a liability for the team...enough said !!.;-)

shadow grinder

First Grade
kia ora storm said:
Save it for the forums ???...what and cop abuse on here as well !!.

Last night the general consensus amongst the fans around me was that he was a liability for the team...enough said !!.;-)

thats coz the genreal consensus of fans are morons who cannot or will not remember the good things he has done.

Without hill will wouldnt have beat broncos in the semi final 2 years ago...he was one of the key players in getting us to the grand final in 1999. He was in awesome form for us.

I will admit his form the last 2 years hasnt been the Hill we all know from the past. He has had patches of great footy and also did some stuff ups.

All the things he has done for the club...and you just ignore it for knock ons and for him trying to help the team....

MONY

Juniors
Hill has been very "average" this year and imo his decision to move to England is very good to the storm.... yes he has done some wonderful things in the past and also some very woeful things.. i just think his time is up with the Storm and it has been evident a number of times this year.. he WAS a brilliant lpayer but just hasnt regained the form he once showed... so I for one welcome the new idea's of possibly moving Inglis to 5/8....

Jasestorm

Juniors
Scotty's form suffered when Matt Orford came to the club. Orford is such a ball hog that Hill was starved of the ball. A 5/8's job is to feed the outside backs. When he did get the ball, he would try too hard to make the miracle play. I would rather have a 5/8 that tries too hard than someone who just goes through the motions, it shows creativity. Some times I think he has too much natural skill for the players outside him. The don't expect him to be able to offload in some of those tackles.

It obviously hurt when he got dropped to Norths. I wish him all the best for the future. He has giving me a lot of joy (and some pain) over the years and the club won't be the same without him.

Every club has a scapegoat when it loses, unfortunately ours is Scott Hill. He has won far more games off his own back than lost them.

MONY

Juniors
it is much harder to individually lose games than it is to win and there are a few times where i can honestly say Hill has individually lost us the game... Cowboys SF last year is the biggest...

Jasestorm

Juniors
People forget that a good 5/8 doesn't score tries, they set them up for there outside men. Billy Slater and Marcus Bai have lost far more games for Melbourne by letting (very) soft tries in than Scott Hill has by throwing intercept passes. The whole team played poorly in the first half in the Cowboy's final last year (as they did in the regular season game). Somebody had to try and make things happen, Orford wasn't going to.

Like I said, I have no problem with halves making mistakes in games because it shows that they are trying things. Johns, Lockyer, Langer, Stuart, Kimmorley, Lewis, Sterling, Mortimer, Barrett (the list could go on and on) have all been guilty of throwing dodgy passes right through their careers.

MONY

Juniors
but Scott Hill is far far worse than these players except for Kimmorley, Barrett.... A good 5/8 does score a lot of tries... his running game is powerful and knows when to take the line on... his passing game is brilliant too as to put the fullback/centre through the hole...... Brad Fittler used to score and set up a hell of a lot of tries...

Just on that Cowboys game last year, he missed 2 tackles that lead to tries and threw an intercept.... 16-0 because Hill happened to concede all the points..

Jasestorm

Juniors
Anybody that bags their own team or players after a loss is not a supporter. Maybe you should follow Cronulla or Geelong in the AFL, that's more your go. I have seen Melbourne play as much as anyone. I have been a member since 1998; only missed 9 home games in that time and travelled interstate for away games, trials and finals including the 1999 Grand Final. I think I know a thing or two about my team.

Jasestorm

Juniors
The simple fact of the matter is that we were not good enough to beat the Cowboys last year. Pyschologically they had our measure.

MONY

Juniors
Jasestorm said:
Anybody that bags their own team or players after a loss is not a supporter. Maybe you should follow Cronulla or Geelong in the AFL, that's more your go. I have seen Melbourne play as much as anyone. I have been a member since 1998; only missed 9 home games in that time and travelled interstate for away games, trials and finals including the 1999 Grand Final. I think I know a thing or two about my team.

Is this statement directed at me... Ive been following Rugby League very closely for 19 years... Used to be a sharks fan but changed to the storm because i liked the way they play... been following them since early 1999.... been to quite a few games in the last 7 years... one at Olympic... 1999 GF and yes the Cowboys game last yr (SF)...

So you are suggesting I am not a supporter just because I am 1. stating my opinion and 2. bagging my players if they perform like sh*t.... (hill Semi Final last year)

So in conclusion we will just have to accept each others opinion.... and stop your idiotic comments regarding my loyalty to the storm and also your mentality in thinking that you are somewhat "a better supporter" just because of your History following the Storm..

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Sir Knight82 said:
So has he officially signed with anyone or just sited his intention to do so?
He intends to shop around for the highest dolllar: there fore England would be the highest bet.

He and the Club have a 2 year optoin for the next 2 years. Who is decideding to not take up this option it not clear.

Jasestorm

Juniors
No Mony it is not directed at you personally. It is directed at any "supporter" who boos their team at half time; who hurls abuse at their own players and who can not take the good times with the bad.

You people know who you are. You don't need fingers pointed in your direction. I have seen it time and time again. It is a disease. People used to bag Matt Orford endlessly when he first came to Melbourne ie:"Go back to Central Coast you f**kin' merkin!" et cetera and those same people abused him when he left. They are not supporters.

I have been a Rugby League supporter for 30 years & I have played the game in 2 states. I have worked endlessly in exposing new people to Rugby League in Victoria and Melbourne have 34 new members as a result of my efforts and personal expense in paying for peoples' tickets to games.

It is a democracy in this country so people are entitled to their
opinions. That is what makes Australia great. What is un-Australian is turning on your own.

Welcome to the Storm fraternity mate. I couldn't be more pleased to have someone who is obviously passionate following this great team and I would welcome you to stand in the "Bai" stand with my family, friends and myself next time you come down for a home game.

I only joined this forum because this negativity regarding a foundation player who deserves more respect was getting me worked up.

F.Y.I Scott was the second player signed behind Robbie Ross in 1997 and was a key target because Ando knew that Kimmorley would follow him.

MONY

Juniors
you seem like an intelligent person Jase.... its good to see that you are so dedictaed to the purple people eater (storm)... wont be going to Olympic as it is the worst ground i have ever been to.... (including Henson Park and various other lower league games ie. the now jim beam cup.... been to Ringrose park out Wentworthville, Ryde Eastwood etc...) i will only come down to a home game when we move.... but i will continue to go to toyota park and be an idiot with my mates who are all sharkie fans.... unfortunately for me the storm arnt playing at toyota this year :(