What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hill is Gornskiiiiiis

Jasestorm

Juniors
Mony, Brian Waldron showed me the plans for the new stadium. It is a mini Lang Park. The boys are almost as excited about it as I am as are the Melbourne Demons (AFL) who will train there. Cameron Bruce from the Demons is a mate of mine.

shadow grinder said:
thats coz the genreal consensus of fans are morons who cannot or will not remember the good things he has done.

Without hill will wouldnt have beat broncos in the semi final 2 years ago...he was one of the key players in getting us to the grand final in 1999. He was in awesome form for us.

I will admit his form the last 2 years hasnt been the Hill we all know from the past. He has had patches of great footy and also did some stuff ups.

All the things he has done for the club...and you just ignore it for knock ons and for him trying to help the team....

You pose an entirely different issue...if you were Bellamy would you start a player based on club service or would you start a player based on form ??.

Hill was good in the past but not so in the last 2 years.;-)

shadow grinder

First Grade
i dont think he has been that bad this year. Not his best but he hasnt been as bad as you say. If a knock on at dummy half last week and a 3 sh*tty passes in the past 3 weeks is what your going on then......meh.

shadow grinder said:
i dont think he has been that bad this year. Not his best but he hasnt been as bad as you say. If a knock on at dummy half last week and a 3 sh*tty passes in the past 3 weeks is what your going on then......meh.

No...I was not thinking about last week...just a general question.;-)

Surandy

Bench
Jasestorm said:
No Mony it is not directed at you personally. It is directed at any "supporter" who boos their team at half time; who hurls abuse at their own players and who can not take the good times with the bad.

You people know who you are. You don't need fingers pointed in your direction. I have seen it time and time again. It is a disease. People used to bag Matt Orford endlessly when he first came to Melbourne ie:"Go back to Central Coast you f**kin' merkin!" et cetera and those same people abused him when he left. They are not supporters.

Storm supporters at OP have booed the boys?!?!? Damn!!! I thought it was just the Dragons "supporters" that do that!!

The vast majority of bagging I have seen, read or heard has mostly been restricted to forums such as this one or in private conversations.

MONY

Juniors
any team deserves to be booed if they play like sh*t.... they are paid professionals and sometimes their performances are less than ordinary.

shadow grinder

First Grade
could never boo the team. ive been dissapointed and let down by the way the team has preformed sometime but never booed them. I dont see any point in that..

oh and also re: possible replacement for hill:

heraldsun.com.au said:
MELBOURNE Storm will not enter the player market to replace departing five-eighth Scott Hill, instead banking its future on unheralded rookie Jackson Nicolau.

Storm hopes to sign Nicolau, 18, to a long-term deal by the end of the week.

Melbourne recruitment manager Peter O'Sullivan said the Innisfail youngster had given every indication he would handle the rise to NRL class.

Full story here:

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,19412926%5E14823,00.html

MONY

Juniors
Yeah ive heard good things about Jackson.... Apparently he is carving it up with Norths...

I must admit I have never booed the Storm but I would if I felt they deserved it... they need to hear that their supporters are unhappy... therefore producing a better effort next half/game

shadow grinder

First Grade
MONY said:
Yeah ive heard good things about Jackson.... Apparently he is carving it up with Norths...

I must admit I have never booed the Storm but I would if I felt they deserved it... they need to hear that their supporters are unhappy... therefore producing a better effort next half/game

they know when they play bad. If the scoreboard isnt a good indicater then belly ache will let them know they have to pull their socks up.

MONY said:
any team deserves to be booed if they play like sh*t.... they are paid professionals and sometimes their performances are less than ordinary.

Agree with your view on them being paid professionals...if you do not perform in your job then you are given a kick up the a#s...when they are not performing they should be given the same treatment.

simostorm

Bench
Ppl should be abit more forgiving of some players IMO, you never know when or if a player will go through a bad slump, Everyone love Cam Smith now, if he ever has a bad injury he could fall into a form slump also,
would you boo him then?
No way in hell I would boo Cam if it happens and no way im gunna boo Scotty.

simostorm said:
Ppl should be abit more forgiving of some players IMO, you never know when or if a player will go through a bad slump, Everyone love Cam Smith now, if he ever has a bad injury he could fall into a form slump also,
would you boo him then?
No way in hell I would boo Cam if it happens and no way im gunna boo Scotty.

Smith is more consistent than Hill and can be excused for having a form slump..:cool:

Jasestorm

Juniors
kia ora storm said:
Smith is more consistent than Hill and can be excused for having a form slump..:cool:

A Hookers' job first and foremost is to distribute the ball; to provide quality ball for the first receiver. It used to be to rake back in the scrums as well, but that is a joke nowadays. Most of you people wouldn't remember when Hookers were Hookers in League, not just dummy halves, I would suggest.

A Five-eight's job is to provide opportunities for his outside backs. By drawing the defence and an offload; tactical kicking; or clever passing. Scott Hill was doing reverse flick passes to supports when Benji was still in primary school trying to work out who pinched his lunch money. Robbie Ross and Billy Slater can thank him for some of their better tries.

A Hooker MUST be consistant otherwise the game is lost. A Five-eight MUST be creative otherwise the defence would have an easy day out. A case of apples and oranges, I would think.

You watch the opposition's defensive line when Hill has the ball, even when he was in the doldrums he still drew 3 defender's every time he had the ball which enabled Smith and Cronk to shine. On Sports-Ears all you hear is "watch Hill", even if he is just running a decoy.

As for missing tackles, he is not on his own. Hey Locky, Benji et cetera??