What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindmarsh groggy, Armit gappy

The Colonel

Immortal
Hindmarsh groggy, Armit gappy

Jacquelin Magnay and Brad Walter | April 23, 2007

EELS second-rower Ian Hindmarsh will have his head wound re-cleaned and checked after his Bulldog opponent Chris Armit lost half a tooth in yesterday's close encounter at Parramatta Stadium.
Bulldogs trainer Scott Campbell was in the Parramatta dressing room to see his friend Eels coach Michael Hagan when he saw Hindmarsh and told him that Armit's injuries from a heavy clash in the opening minutes of the tough game included the loss of his front tooth. "Did you find a bit in your head?" Campbell inquired seriously.
Hindmarsh then consulted Parramatta doctor Michael Johnson, who had treated the large gash in his head, which required 10 stitches.
Footballers are wary of wayward bits of tooth, which can cause infection. The former Wests and Newcastle player Jamie Ainscough had his English Super League career curtailed when doctors finally found the cause of repeated infections in his arm - a piece of an opponent's tooth.
Hindmarsh had to sit out about half-an-hour of the game after suffering a migraine.
Hindmarsh has had impact-induced migraines before and said he usually had about 10 minutes of warning signs before his vision became so impaired he had to leave the field.
"I get the blurred vision, I describe it as like seagulls flying away," he said. "Sometimes I get real crook , sometimes I don't, but I know when to tell the trainer I've got 10 minutes left in me before I can't catch or read numbers on jerseys."
Hindmarsh said the last time he suffered a migraine was 12 months ago, but that it repeated for a fortnight.
Meanwhile, star Melbourne five-eighth Greg Inglis and former Test back-rower Michael Crocker are expected to return for Friday night's grand final rematch against Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium.
But the Storm face a shortage in the front row, with Garret Crossman (knee) and Ben Cross (hamstring) in serious doubt, Antonio Kaufusi on report for a high tackle and Adam Blair yet to make his comeback from off-season ankle surgery.
Broncos internationals Justin Hodges and Greg Eastwood should be available after failing to back up from last Friday night's Test for last night's clash with Newcastle.
Bulldogs coach Steve Folkes expects Sonny Bill Williams to recover from a hamstring strain for Friday night's match against Wests Tigers and was undecided about reinstating the Kiwi's Test teammate Ben Roberts after preferring Brent Sherwin in yesterday's 21-18 win over Parramatta.
Canberra prop Michael Weyman is out for six weeks after suffering an ankle injury in Saturday night's 26-0 loss to Cronulla, who have also lost front-rower Phil Leuluai with a dislocated shoulder.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/tooth-and-nail-hindmarsh-groggy-armit-gappy/2007/04/22/1177180485022.html

Stagger eel

Staff member
it was a great effort for Ian to keep playing the way he did under the circumstances he was under, he didn't look at all well in the first half.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Hindmarsh said the last time he suffered a migraine was 12 months ago, but that it repeated for a fortnight.

sounds like he might miss a week or two.

will be interesting to see if Hagan goes back to Lowrie as the replacement.

Bigfella

Coach
Sometimes I get real crook , sometimes I don't, but I know when to tell the trainer I've got 10 minutes left in me before I can't catch or read numbers on jerseys."

Sounds like he may have had this happen in the first few games!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
saw the wound on TV and it looked a biggy

surely he is gonna pull up pretty sore and maybe even have a week off

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Lowrie is getting scans on a knee injury today... so he may not be able to come up for ian if needed

JJeel

Juniors
See the damage...

Photo0026231128161020070423112816_m.jpg

Hellsy

Immortal
Migraines suck arse.... when I get one I also have about 10mins warning to take some drugs otherwise I am goooorrrnnnnsskkiiiiieeeessss

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
THE front tooth of Bulldogs forward Chris Armit has been lost, despite an extensive search of Parramatta Stadium and Ian Hindmarsh's head.

Armit's tooth went missing when he and Hindmarsh clashed in the opening minutes of last Sunday's match. Hindmarsh left the field and had 10 stitches inserted in a large gash on the top of his head, and Armit had to have his mouth cleaned out.

After the game, Bulldogs officials and player Hazem El Masri searched the field for the tooth, without success. At the same time Bulldogs conditioner Scott Campbell went into the Parramatta dressing room to check that the tooth hadn't been found in Hindmarsh's wound.

Yesterday Parramatta spokesman Damian Kelly said Hindmarsh's head was re-checked and there was no sign of the tooth. Armit yesterday had a cap applied to one front tooth and a second cracked tooth glued together.

Jacquelin Magnay
SMH www.smh.com.au

Nikki

Coach
Ian still wasnt looking too well today either. Kept a bucket hat on all day and had a nice shiner.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Imagine how tightly that was wound though :crazy:

Latest posts