What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindmarsh? Nearly SIXTY tackles?

Eelementary

Post Whore
That can't possibly be good. I mean...He can't possibly keep it up and keep going...I get concerned...

Eelementary

Post Whore
:lol:

Not exactly what I meant, Hayzny!

I just...He is an INCREDIBLE footballer...But making 40-50+ tackles a game isn't good for his attack...

coca-cola

Juniors
chasing around after the ball carrier is what you expect the kids in under 6s to do. its not just detrimental to our defensive formation but to his game in general. stats seldom paint an accurate picture and whilst hindys regular 40 tackle feats of 04 were impressive, hes turned into a flopper ala craig fitzgibbon of late. hindy should take note of glenn morrison who gets through a solid defensive workload yet still leaves plenty in the tank to apply his blistering arsenal of sublime attacking manoeuvres. hindys objective in defense should be protecting our halfback, making sure hes not isolated by the opposition.

Haynzy

First Grade
Eelementary said:
:lol:

Not exactly what I meant, Hayzny!

I just...He is an INCREDIBLE footballer...But making 40-50+ tackles a game isn't good for his attack...

;-)

Nikki

Coach
He should not be on the field. Even watching him walk after last nights game, he should not be on the field. Even talking to him Mum after the game, we both agree, he should not be on the field. I know now that we have copped a few more injuries and need him on the field at the moment, but it will only cost us later in the season. If he does play this weekend, hopefully he will pull up ok and can use the bye to rest himself.

Hellsy

Immortal
and when are the rest of the team going to start supporting him so he can play his game???

eelaholic

First Grade
Just saw on fox sports he is now the holder for the record of most tackles in a game (in the history of the NRL 1998 - 2006)

Haynzy

First Grade
Nikki,

In the 321 thread you mentioned that you only saw his mistakes.
Were you saying that you didn't notice his defence or that it was no excuse for his errors.

I'm not usually one to gush over a player but just from what i saw on the tv I was amazed at hindy's effort and like smithy said, the fact that they weren't just flop tackles but crucial and solid.

I have also been concerned for him as it is obvious that he is carrying an injury and also wish that some of the other boys would try to be as consistent and committed.

I hope you don't see this as me having a dig at your comments, I'm just interested in your perspective as one "closer to the action" so to speak.

Cheers

Nikki

Coach
Look his defence is fantastic. Dont get me wrong. But Ive just always been that way with Nath. People would tell him how great he was after a game and I'd be the first to point out his mistakes. Dont read too much into it. lol

Haynzy

First Grade
Nikki said:
Look his defence is fantastic. Dont get me wrong. But Ive just always been that way with Nath. People would tell him how great he was after a game and I'd be the first to point out his mistakes. Dont read too much into it. lol

cool thanks :cool:

Latest posts