What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindy on DSL - 2MMM

Gronk

Staff member
Hindy was just interviewed by Rabs, Slats & Co on the Dead Set Legends.

* they knew that the Warriors who go off the boil if they stuck it out

* the Swann tackle on the line by finchy was the turning point

* the boys are listening to Tim & Finchy more and its paying dividends

* Would rather play Cowboys than Dogs cos the Dogs "can do scary things".

* Doesnt mind if they play @ SFS or Telstra "as long as they fill it", but does love playing at SFS in front of 40,000 the best.

strider

Post Whore
i actually give that swann try saving tackle to caylo - finchy gets an assist - but caylo hit him and drove him back, otherwise he would have taken finchy over the line

COACH STERLING

Juniors
strider said:
i actually give that swann try saving tackle to caylo - finchy gets an assist - but caylo hit him and drove him back, otherwise he would have taken finchy over the line

Yeah, I actually think Caylo getting his big knees infront of Swann was the major contributor. Finch chimed in we getting his hands around the ball and twisting Logan.

I knew we were going to win after that :D

jono

Juniors
I would be okay with the boys having to play next week , just as Hindy says , about this team needing momentum .
They can't seem to get their heads around a break of any more than six days.
I know it exposes them to the risk of earlier elimination but this year look at the Newy game , and Dragons . And in 2005 Cowboys in the GF qualifier.
PLUS I get to see them play more!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Gronk said:

* they knew that the Warriors who go off the boil if they stuck it out

* the Swann tackle on the line by finchy was the turning point

* the boys are listening to Tim & Finchy more and its paying dividends

* Doesnt mind if they play @ SFS or Telstra "as long as they fill it", but does love playing at SFS in front of 40,000 the best.

any other player would of said..

* we had to work hard for the full 80

* it was a close call call, we were very fortunate

* Tim and Finchy have been playing well and the critisism has been unfair.

* we'd play whoever is infront of us.

* Telstra would be our prefered choice of venue.

don't you just love him??? :D

strider

Post Whore
:lol: .... i think hindy was standing behind teh door when the catch-phrase book was handed out

parra pete

Referee
We will need all hands on deck. I have a feeling Luke Burt will be a late inclusion if Ben Smith is out.
Our wingers are VERY SCARY under the high ball.
(Neither would ever get a job in the giraffe enclosure at Taronga Park)

cardinal

Juniors
parra pete said:
We will need all hands on deck. I have a feeling Luke Burt will be a late inclusion if Ben Smith is out.
(Neither would never get a job in the giraffe enclosure at Taronga Park)

True, but if Reddy gets a gig on the wing this week he and Grothe will look like giraffes to the midgets that are Uta and El masri, could be a lot of cross field bombs heading to the little ones.

Gronk said:

I know i may get blasted for this, but I for one am Glad that the young ones play whats in front of them and have confidence in there ability. I just think some old players in our team tend to crumble when going gets tough or mentally worried things are going to happen. Hope Hindy can gain more confidence from Friiday nights performance. That is the beauty of the young guys, nothing fazes them. They put it behind them and move on with the game, were some people dwell on the past for to long.

shiftysmith

Juniors
parraitdoesmatta said:
I know i may get blasted for this, but I for one am Glad that the young ones play whats in front of them and have confidence in there ability. I just think some old players in our team tend to crumble when going gets tough or mentally worried things are going to happen. Hope Hindy can gain more confidence from Friiday nights performance. That is the beauty of the young guys, nothing fazes them. They put it behind them and move on with the game, were some people dwell on the past for to long.
i totally agree

Haynzy

First Grade
strider said:
:lol: .... i think hindy was standing behind teh door when the catch-phrase book was handed out

Unfortunately for Hindy I reckon he was probably there, got the book, and then didn't know what to do with it ;-) :lol:

parra pete said:
(Neither would ever get a job in the giraffe enclosure at Taronga Park)

Sorry to Ruin you feeling mate, A few of us spoke with Burty after the Warriors game. He is still limping and said he is an very outside chance at the Grand Final if we make it. Apparently he had to have it re-manipulated recently.

Bigfella

Coach
I don't know why everyone is so concerned about our wingers under the high ball and on the turn and chase.

Has anyone noticed that every single winger in the game is vulnerable to these plays?

If you get a kick right it is 1000 times easier for the chasers to make a play on it than the defending winger. One of the reasons why attacking kicks hardly ever go at the fullback anymore. the winger has to hold his position in the line, and attack forward, so that the kick behind in the air or on the ground is a huge weapon.

And for some reason Grothe gets 99% of the blame for this when someone like Kris Inu who is probably the most talented taker of the high ball in the game has probably concede more tries than anyone while defending on the wing.

If we win the overall battle for fiedl position and possession we can turn the blowtorch on their wingers instead - and as someone said above, we will have a huge advantage on height and pace.